Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sika Deer Hunt 11/29/10

Mdbowman

This is a photo of a six point stag my brother shoot Monday morning at Blackwater Refugee i n Maryland. Just thought I share, it is not as big as the mulies and such shown on this sight. But it is a respectable Sika stag, dressed at 75 lbs.

Last edited:
Yeah, but ALOT harder to kill then any mule deer.hope you can get the picture up

He has been sitting in the EXACT same tree for the last two years and has had shots all three times sitting there. I guess it is his lucky spot. You can't argue with sucess, if it works do it. And no he won't tell anyone which tree to sit in.

Is Maryland the only state that has "free - range" or wild Sika deer, ?? I know there are some on game ranches in Texas right - but I am asking about "Free-range".

I would love to get one of those.

I really wish someone would let loose some chinese water deer in Louisiana or florida swamps ....

Nice stag, I've tried a few times myself but no dice. Hunted them like elk during the rut. They talk just as much as a worked up bull.

Outside:
Plenty of ranches in Texas are low fence with free ranging exotics. Quite a few with a mixed bag of critters. Kind of like a box of chocolate. Never know what you're gonna get on some places.

Maryland has the only free ranging herd in the US. There are lots of hunting opportunities on Public land, Both National and state land.

Been 16 yrs. since i've hunted those little fellas. I forgot how good eaten they are.Going there in Sept. if i can afford enough mesquito repellant.

That's pretty cool. Another animal to add to the list. It's likely I won't live long enough to check everything off of that list though. Thanks for sharing.

Back