Show me your square body

I drove an 84 Chevy Scottsdale through high school, as did four of my siblings before me and one after me. Looked exactly like this with the same two-tone paint scheme. Teenagers didn't know how to take care of that old ride, but it took care of us.
My 20 year old son wants it pretty bad. I told him one day it would be his. But, not today. mtmuley

Not the best pic see if I can dig a few more out. My first vehicle a 1980 GMC 1500. My dad bought it when I was 14 and we spent the next two years fixing it up had a 350 we turned into a 383 stroker. Got in a bit of trouble with that old girl ended with me rolling it on a curve going way to fast my senior year. Should be dead especially since I didn't have a seat belt on walked away with nothing but bruises and cuts. Somebody had my back that night. Silver lining it cured my need for speed I stick to the limit now and always wear my belt figure best to not tempt fate again. Wish I didn't have to ruin a truck to learn that lesson.20230318_113658.jpg

You guys would be surprised at what old abandoned rigs sit in farm junk yards around my neck of the woods. I always think of hooking up the car trailer and just going out and making offers. I think a guy could do alright reselling these old rigs. No rust and mostly just parked and forgotten.

1980 IH Scout II with the factory turbo diesel, Dana 44 axels, and Dana 300 transfer.

Restored it, then dumbassery overtook me and I sold it because I didn't want to bother moving it from SD to CO.

Sold it to the guy that painted it. He turned around and sold it on ebay for 3x the money.

FB_IMG_1679405232233.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back