Should I stuff him???

When in doubt, mount it! I didn't mount my first muley and wish I would have. It's not a toad, but it'll take some doing to get one better...
MyFirstMuleDeer-ID-200512.jpg

PS- Basser, what kind of hat is that? ;)

Definitely taxidermy worthy in my book! If it goes 165+ on a general tag, it goes on the wall. Thats my theory, maybe after I kill a few more I'll change my tune, but I doubt it. Contrary to some popular belief (on the internet no less), a Deer that size is still a great accomplishment!!

It happened, AGAIN!

I didn't tell anyone other than my dad, but last year after shooting my buck I stumbled upon a big 190+ typical buck (I had him with in bow range and the season was still open).

Well, this last week while scouting for elk in a totally different area, I stumbled upon a big buck again! At least this time, I got this one on video. I am glad I shot my buck but SOB!!!! :eek:

Here are a few stills off of the LCD:

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

Craig, I'd think you might be easy on the trigger finger from now on.;) That's an awesome buck!

That's a great buck! I ended my 2008 archery season with a dink yesterday morning.

Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.

Dink pretty much says it all. I usually wouldn't shoot the buck I shot but limited time and other "stuff" to scout for was his demise.

I told myself the first buck I see that is a two point or better is in trouble. Well, I didn't lie to myself that's for sure (2x2 but it has eye guards).

It's easliy the smallest thing I've ever shot. I'm pretty proud of the shot and really never dissapointed to take an archery buck in AZ.

Only pic I have is a cell phone pic. Both video and still cams were left at home yesterday by accident (and it I really missed out on some great video on something else|oo|oo). PM me your cell and I'll shoot you a pic of the giant beast.

Enough of me hijacking Craigs thread, carry on.

Craig:

Mega kudos, amigo!!! Heck, yeah --- mount that bad boy! Really nice forks all 'round and good velvet to boot! How about a recount of the hunt?

As for Mr. Big you bumped into while scouting --- I think I'd forget the desert next year and try to keep tabs on you-know-who until then ...

Lv2hnt

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back