Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Shotgun for my girlfriend

What part of Illinois are you from? I grew up downstate, and might be able to recommend a decent place to try out a bunch and get the right one.

I personally have an affinity for a Remington 1100, with an aftermarket cantilever-scope mount rifled slug barrel.
Hey sorry, haven't checked back in a while but I'm up near chicago

Gotcha. Don't have any suggestions up that way, but I used to go to Hick's Sporting goods in Pinckneyville to look at used shotguns. Good guys, great selection, and they stand behind what they sell. Just another small town business that's been around forever.

based purely on the title and feeling mouthy my first reply is "I'll need to see a picture before I offer an old single shot or a Beretta in trade" or "sounds like you made a good trade"

But seriously...

Give her a gift card and go see which ones feel good to her. She will appreciate the shopping as much as the actual gift...

My wife shoots a remington 870 express youth. Has a slug barrel, but you can also get one with a mount for a scope. Fits her great and she's 5'6". Second the idea of having her there to try. When we got my wife her rifle, she handled every gun we could find and found one the just "fit", she's deadly with it and it's NOT one I would have picked for her, so YES take her, let her pick it out

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back