Shot in the dark, Replacement freezer?

SD_Prairie_Goat

So, I'll make a long story short... After the fire my mitigation company never cleaned out my freezer (upright) and it sat for 2 months plus with pork and other meat brewing in it.

So they couldn't get it cleaned and want to pay me out for it. That's fine, the only problem I have is its an old Fridgeair from the 90's (probably) and is their "list commercial Freezer" according to the label.

She's about 23 Cuft, and I can't really seem to find anything similar out there looking at home depot and the like.

Anyone here bought something similar lately? Best I can seem to find is something like this:

1613844625704.png

But that isn't really that close to what I had:
62604876716__2E826FEC-EA1E-4154-BDB4-F2D3E71B3CA7 1.JPG

As always, thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm finally living in my house again after 4 months of a camper, so life is finally looking up!

Edit, Mom thinks she bought it ten years ago, not thirty

Last edited:
While i don't have one that big, in general the newer freezers are not as large externally as the older ones for the same cubic foot internal measurements.
Advances in insulating materials, and refridgerants have increased their efficiency.

While i don't have one that big, in general the newer freezers are not as large externally as the older ones for the same cubic foot internal measurements.
Advances in insulating materials, and refridgerants have increased their efficiency.
Ya, I agree. We'll see what insurance says. They first quoted a chest freezer as the replacement... Little bit off haha.

Came back with the one from HD as the closest I could find, at $2600 ouch.

We'll see if they accept I guess.

Sure doesn't seem like anyone makes that mid tier anymore between residential and true commercial

Ya, I agree. We'll see what insurance says. They first quoted a chest freezer as the replacement... Little bit off haha.

Came back with the one from HD as the closest I could find, at $2600 ouch.

We'll see if they accept I guess.

Sure doesn't seem like anyone makes that mid tier anymore between residential and true commercial
Hope you get it figured out, insurance reimbursement is always such a pain in the ass. The monthly payment you make every month however is pretty crystal clear

Hope you get it figured out, insurance reimbursement is always such a pain in the ass. The monthly payment you make every month however is pretty crystal clear
In this case, Insurance has been phenomenal. My Contractor on the other hand...............

In all honesty, I can't speak highly enough of All State after this claim. They really don't fight me on anything when I provide a valid reason. They subcontract out the data gathering for stuff like this freezer, so when it comes back wrong, I just let them know and I send them the more applicable item and they basically just say okay.

Long story short, I have zero plans to change insurance after this whole deal

In this case, Insurance has been phenomenal. My Contractor on the other hand...............

In all honesty, I can't speak highly enough of All State after this claim. They really don't fight me on anything when I provide a valid reason. They subcontract out the data gathering for stuff like this freezer, so when it comes back wrong, I just let them know and I send them the more applicable item and they basically just say okay.

Long story short, I have zero plans to change insurance after this whole deal
That's good to hear!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back