Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

SHOOT! (pic)

T Bone

100_1758.sized.jpg

Chukar season opens on Saturday.....the dog is ready! Hopefully she hasn't forgot how to hunt them.

The bird counts are huge this year. I was out 3 weeks ago and found a couple coveys that had chicks that couldn't fly yet. I'm guessing a lot of birds double clutched this year! This could be the best bird hunting I've ever had.

The Beretta is cleaned and ready. Dog collar needs to be drained and recharged. 10 boxes of hi-brass 7 1/2's on hand. Vest is full of water and people and dog snacks.......ITS GO TIME (almost)

Your gonna be regretting that picture when you bust your way to the top of a hill, and find the dog pointing "tweeties"....

Good luck on the season, and are you gonna make it up this way???

We went over to Brownlee on Sunday, and got into the Huns everywhere...

Gunner,

At home she'll point tweeties, but in the field she's all business. She ignores the tweeties, but has a sweet tooth for cottontails.....need to work on that.

Heading to Sawtooth zone for rifle elk Oct 30. Plan on spending a week. Will hold out for a good bull until I see a spike.....

I'll be in the valley the weekend of Dec 18th for a wedding. Let me know if you have an empty spot that needs filled in that corn field....

We had a 12 year old boy with us, that swung on Meadow Larks a couple of times....

Keep me posted on the date you are coming up, we should be able to find something, somewhere....

She looks like she is ready to go! My dog will point off game if nothing is going on. I have even seen her point dragonflys in the back yard. Good luck on that sawthooth zone tag. I have heard a lot of guys are not going to hunt there because of the wolf population. Ron

Great pic! I guess you fella's that shoot them in the air need the 7.5s, but for 'Master Sluicer' (my Mossberg 500) prefers high brass #4s for those long sitting shots! :D

Good luck. You're right about the late hatch. I got the smallest chukar I've ever shot last Saturday. Musta been hatched in August-----about the size of a robin.

One of Scout's puppies pointed a moose a couple weeks ago! :D (she's five years old now, but still a puppy)

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back