Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Shelter-in-place cooking

Keeping the girls happy keeps us in eggs. Veggie omelets it was this morning. My mother always says a colorful meal is a good and healthy meal. At her table noting a colorful meal is considered a compliment of the highest order. And so colorful it was this morning. 3 colors of bell pepper, jalapeños, purple onions, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, tomatos and pepper jack on 2 eggs.
3D16249A-E774-4102-B0FA-F4782AC3FE9C.jpeg
Plated with a side of homemade sausage from our free range pigs and black coffee.
B6872BFC-0FD6-4792-83D2-3B39D7C6E1AC.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven't bacon wrapped anything in 10 years or so - and was thinking last night that the kids have never had that experience - from my cooking at least.

So a 1 lb chunk of moose wrapped up and roasted in the oven.

Little salad w/ homemade dressing (experimented with some 5-spice / creamy dressing) and peas:

Kids liked it. Experience complete.

I've had some homemade spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove since about 10am this morning... ground venison, hot italian venision sausage, and a neck roast are sitting in there right now. Ill post pictures later

I got Mexican last night and a subway BMT tonight. Felt like taking a break. I was in a bigger town today and wanted some fast food to bring home. Burger King was 32 cars deep in the drive thru, Taco Bell was wrapped around the building, and arby's was 24 cars deep. Screw that, I got a sub in my little town.

I got Mexican last night and a subway BMT tonight. Felt like taking a break. I was in a bigger town today and wanted some fast food to bring home. Burger King was 32 cars deep in the drive thru, Taco Bell was wrapped around the building, and arby's was 24 cars deep. Screw that, I got a sub in my little town.
My wife gives me crap about not waiting in line for food. I’ve done enough of that and no fast food is worth waiting more than ten minutes for.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back