Shelter-in-place cooking

Today I made some Abish Wot using Hank Shaw's recipe. I used some deboned antelope shanks instead of diced meat from a roast. I like this recipe a lot. Spicy, but not like a hot sauce kind of spicy. More like being wrapped in a warm blanket kind of spicy. My roommates don't hunt and haven't eaten much venison, but they both liked it.

1585023393342.png

I am really glad to have a freezer full of meat right now. Waiting half an hour in line to get into the grocery store is kinda a pain.

Out of venison and been trying to find some decent ground beef for chili for a week. I don’t own a grinder and the kids want some chili. Its time to get western on a chuck roast and make it happen. Pics to follow.

This must have been the largest Mountain Caribou in history. I shared a lot with the crew when we got home from BC. And though I've been munching on him all winter, it seems the freezer is just as full as when I pulled out a roast last week and another back strap and flatirons this week.

20200326_192844.jpg

20200328_171942.jpg

Deer shanks and gravy over rice last night. Planning to smoke a beef rib roast today if I don't get blown away outside!

I cooked/smoked a turkey (Store Bought Bird) on the pellet grill yesterday. Cooked it a little too long because it was my first attempted at turkey and I wanted to make sure it was cooked completely. Still, it turned out pretty good. Got plenty of meat for other turkey dishes and to freeze. Hopefully the next try will be even better!

I cooked/smoked a turkey (Store Bought Bird) on the pellet grill yesterday. Cooked it a little too long because it was my first attempted at turkey and I wanted to make sure it was cooked completely. Still, it turned out pretty good. Got plenty of meat for other turkey dishes and to freeze. Hopefully the next try will be even better!

If you spatchcock the bird before grilling/smoking it, It will cook more evenly and the dark meat will cook quicker so the breast doesn't dry out.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back