Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sheep pict thread

i-FWL8L4z-L.jpg

I dont have an excuse for the placement of the first shot. Sure bloodied up an otherwise good pic.
i-GZfv5Cn-L.jpg

i-25t4FQt-L.jpg

I really felt like I had life by the balls floating that ram out. We had 5 days, 55 miles on foot and 11 on the Alpackas.
i-G4KqX28-L.jpg

i-nghHqHn-L.jpg

i-DLqcBG7-L.jpg

Bonus wolf called in while having dinner a couple nights later.
i-DtJBt42-L.jpg

Some inspiration
i-Lx9rmqv-L.jpg

i-87539GT-L.jpg

i-dWdwqCz-L.jpg

Some winterkill
i-6b5zXgM-L.jpg

My yellow dog bringing me a treasure.
i-4HM7xFH-L.jpg

He led me to this as well.
i-n35vC2v-L.jpg

i-fNRLd76-L.jpg

Another one from the year before.
i-KP62QcX-L.jpg

I have not harvested one...but here are some of my pics...tried this year...took my bow to an unlimited area...guys will blow sheep out on you while you are stalking them...taking a rifle..gonna be the first one there again...but won't need to get inside 80 yards!
Took most of these on my buffalo hunts in Gardiner 3 years ago...have some from last winter too...

Dec21ramandtree008.jpg

Dec21ramandtree006.jpg

Dec21ramandtree013-1.jpg

Jan19bran011.jpg

Some damn nice sheep in this thread for sure! Here's some pics of the rams that i've killed, nothing like what's been taken in this thread but hard earned and tasty.

First ram was taken in the Brooks. No pictures from the field since I forgot my camera.

Second ram was taken this year on a draw hunt in the DCUA.

Attachments

• Brooks Ram.jpg
    Brooks Ram.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • P1000167(1).jpg
    P1000167(1).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,040
My wifes first bighorn....2010....late season Alberta tag...some guys say this is an 'easy' sheep hunt but with the weather, wind, and the perseverance, I am proud to look at this ram and remind myself that she put a lot of work into killing him. She had passed up a ram bigger than this on the first day and missed a good 175" ram the day before, but this guy sure holds a special spot in the trophy room.

PB130501.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

cant wait to go sheep hunting. Haven't got drawn and will probably be many years before I do. However I am super excited to get out there one day.

This is the only Rocky Mountain Big Horn I have been up close to in the wild. Pic is through a spotting scope at about 700 yds. I got to about 110 yds from it, however was hunting Mule Deer. This ram was in Nevada. Is more than likely up there dead now with the die off due to pneumonia.

100_0950.jpg

An archery Colorado ram from back in my youth. Trying to do it again, but need some draw luck. Lot of great rams on this thread.

bighorn.jpg

Wow, what an incredible pile of sheep photos!!

This is a nice ram my Brother took in '80 in the McKenzie Mountains in NWT. This was the start of "sheep fever" for me! I think I think he paid a whopping $1,200 for the hunt.

Attachments

• pre-computer crash photos 1748.jpg
    pre-computer crash photos 1748.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 736
  • pre-computer crash photos 1756.jpg
    pre-computer crash photos 1756.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 656
This is a ram a friend of mine Tim took up by Augusta MT in '06!

Attachments

• pre-computer crash photos 1769.jpg
    pre-computer crash photos 1769.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 721
Here's a ram that was dropped on my shop floor to be skinned and prepped for mounting. A friend of mine Gary shot this ram in the Elk Horn Mountains near Townsend MT in '04 after looking over quite a few rams. Go figure the day I don't go out with him he takes a ram.

Attachments

• Elk Horns ram--.jpg
    Elk Horns ram--.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 716
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back