Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Sheep Draws left

rogerthat

Since I have had enough of the successful sheep draw threads and they just piss me off, let's focus on current opportunities. After applying for AZ yesterday, what other opportunities for drawing a sheep tag yet this year are there? I know of the Montana super tag and the Nevada dream hunt tag are still available. What else is there? Im talking raffles. I live on a shoe string budget

Since I have had enough of the successful sheep draw threads and they just piss me off, let's focus on current opportunities. After applying for AZ yesterday, what other opportunities for drawing a sheep tag yet this year are there? I know of the Montana super tag and the Nevada dream hunt tag are still available. What else is there? Im talking raffles. I live on a shoe string budget
Some people will never draw a sheep tag.

You just have to think about it.....

All you need is a TV show or 40k gram followers. You complete either of these tasks your set for life.
So your saying 40k on the gram and I get a sheep tag? Heck that should be easy. I was always considering onlyfans but this seals the deal. #onlythefansknow #followme #ramablama

I screwed up and didn’t put in for Montana sheep this year. I did everything else. Now my only shot is the super tag.

There are OTC Barbary sheep tags for New Mexico. They are valid year round, I picked one up this year and gonna give it a try in Jan/Feb while its still cold and the sheep are a bit lower in the valleys.

There are OTC Barbary sheep tags for New Mexico. They are valid year round, I picked one up this year and gonna give it a try in Jan/Feb while its still cold and the sheep are a bit lower in the valleys.
I’ve been looking at the OTC tags… have you hunted them before? Of so what caliber rifle would you suggest… .270, 7-08, .243?

Best advice I can give is set a budget of what you can afford, the buy raffle tickets for sheep hunts with 1-500-600 odds. This is by far your best odds. Also if you haven’t taken a North America sheep spend $45 to join the WSF, then spend another $25 to join the <1 club. The WSF gives away 3-4 sheep hunts a year at the WSF show in Reno every year.

I’ve been looking at the OTC tags… have you hunted them before? Of so what caliber rifle would you suggest… .270, 7-08, .243?
I go with .243 because both my 30-06 get pretty heavy after awhile. I should probably get one with a composite stock. It's also easier on the shoulder when you're tired. They are tough animals though, so with a big billy you might want a larger caliber. It depends on how accurate you are with your rifles. 100 + yard shots are pretty common but you shouldn't take that shot if you aren't confident in a clean kill.

I go with .243 because both my 30-06 get pretty heavy after awhile. I should probably get one with a composite stock. It's also easier on the shoulder when you're tired. They are tough animals though, so with a big billy you might want a larger caliber. It depends on how accurate you are with your rifles. 100 + yard shots are pretty common but you shouldn't take that shot if you aren't confident in a clean kill.
I’m confident out to 300, but I’m not sure about a .243 at that distance… my daughter shot an antelope at 330 but it was a doe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back