Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Shat your pants bear hunting...

Looked like it got a little confusing there. If the shooter had missed, they may have been in a world of hurt.

One thing I did notice is that the guy in the rear didn't seem to quick to step to the side for a clear shot in backing up that guide....from the camera angle anyway.

I noticed the same thing MarvB....the hunter must have had lots of faith in the guide or just wasn't thinking.|oo

It was good that they were in the open and had some distance to get ready for that bear....if it were in the alders, at close range in without notice a guy would be hard pressed to defend himself.hump

ike

They should have waited jsut a few more feet......

"Them guys are a Couple of Wussies ... eh ? " (Nacho Libre')

I wonder if he's cussing because he got pretty spooked, or because of all the hoops he has to jump through to stay out of trouble?? I'd guess the latter because of his question, "Didya get that on camera?".

1 pointer, my guess is because he really didn't want to kill the sow and have to deal with all the red-tape that goes with such an undertaking. Then again that is only my guess.

as a guide i'd agree, the cussin' was disapointment, most guides feel a huge loss when you have to DLP a bear like that. (dlp defense of life and property) i had to do it once on a black bear that squared out and eight foot two inches, i was crushed. one heck of a bear to be given back to fish and game. what a waste. but i wasn't gonna let him hump my leg either.

That realy sucks. No doubt the guide felt realy bad about what he had to do. I wonder what they do with the cubs in a case like that??

Back