Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

share your elk hunting pics, scenery, packing, whatever.

RockyDog

thought sharing some pics might get another elk season kicked off in good fashion. lots of us will have great times and hard work in the hills starting tommorrow. Someday over the next few weeks Im hoping to be following a blood trail and walk up on something like this.

Attachments

• 09b.jpg
    09b.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,537
Hope I will be also. That is a nice bull! Can't wait to hear that first bugle so I can chase him!

id like to see others show some elk country scenery. heres another thing i like to see...

Attachments

• rub.jpg
    rub.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,328
Great pic! I will be in country exactly like that tomorrow in western MT. I'll take a bull just like that or half that big. Good luck everybody!

Here's where I will be in Oct.
ElkHuntnearSalmonID200520.jpg

And I'd be tickled pink to have a pic like this to show when I get back, even if it is a spike like in this picture.
ElkHuntnearSalmonID200551.jpg

I'll be here in a few weeks.

scenery3.jpg

Here's camp from last year.

elk_camp.jpg

Hope to have a few more pictures like this.

n_elk1.jpg

mn_elk3.jpg

double2.jpg

Elk Photos

Thought you guys might like to see a few photos from our elk hunt in Eastern Kentucky last year. We hunted Begley WMA. The area has alot of reclaimed strip mines and looks more like WY than KY. We shot this bull in the walk in only area 2 miles from the gate.

Attachments

• 1st area A.jpg
    1st area A.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 1st area B.jpg
    1st area B.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,196
  • KY walk in area.jpg
    KY walk in area.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,251
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,153
  • cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,153
Some mass on that elk.Wish I could draw that tag,but its not a very good secret anymore.Something like 1:1000 odds now

That bull did have great mass. He was 8 1/2-9 1/2 years old. He would have scored better with more length on his main beams. But he was really cool looking, I couldn't pass on him. If any of you guys do draw I would be happy to share any info I have on the area.

Great!

Now I'm really ruined....Arizona in 10 days! :D

Some great pictures and animals guys...

Some mass on that elk.Wish I could draw that tag,but its not a very good secret anymore.Something like 1:1000 odds now

Word.....I don't might donating a couple tens to KY though. Maybe next year.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back