Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sh*t our wives do...

Have we hit on the topic of having way too many pillows yet?

"There's never too many pillows or cushions." -Me, a domesticated man

Also, I'd like to point out that "rolling" towels instead of folding them, is now the superior method for storing such items. Any other method is idiotic until which point my wife decides that we are a family who folds towels again.

A few years ago I was watching my "bride to be" leave in the morning for work, it was snowing hard so I told her to drive my pickup instead of her car. I see her put it in reverse and start backing up, I start waiving my arms as her car is behind the pickup a little ways. She needed to turn a bit to go around it. For some reason she accelerated in reverse and slams my pickup into her car...:)
So we're newly weds, have our first little starter home. just bought a brand new truck that spring. In the winter we get our first real snow and I tell my wife to go ahead and take the truck, I'd walk to work. She leaves before I have to get up. I get the kiss goodbye in the morning, hear the truck start up, then am just drifting off and hear a loud BANG! I pop out of bed and run to the door, open it, and just see the trucks taillights heading down the street. I run back in and call my wife. She doesn't answer. I text her, "What just happened?" no response. That evening I get home and discover she'd driven the truck over the neighbors retaining wall! put a giant dent under the passenger side, the doors barely opened.
"How the hell do you run over a retaining wall!?!"
"I didn't see it"
"It's a retaining wall!!!"

The vehicle story reminds me of the only time my wife put fuel in a vehicle. 2010 she took my brand new pickup to town in the winter. She calls and says it is running rough so I figure it’s gelled up. She limps it home and we put it in the shop all night. Next morning, still runs rough. I start tearing stuff apart and smell gas. I asked her for the receipt. Yep, put 25 gallon of gas in a diesel pickup…..

A view from the other side. I have had young women tell me " he is almost perfect, the few faults he has I can change" ------pplleeeaasseee ! Once a boy is out of diapers, you can not change him. What you see is what you get. If you like who he is marry him, if not, dont !

i.e. : Brad Paisley---I'm still a guy

However, based upon the overwhelming "group think" of our male members-----maybe---

The Boys are back in town; Thin Lizzy ;)

When I was young my dad told me something like, "Woman marry men hoping they'll change and they don't, men marry woman hoping they won't change and they do."

I'm sure it's not true across the board there is probably a little truth there.

Wouldn't happen at my house. She would definitely check over there just so she couldn't be wrong.
My wife has had a truly impressive streak of not being wrong for about the last 20 years. Amazing!

@JDH must be inside that magical first 10 years where anything is possible. My wife just starts out with a base assumption that I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to do anything.

She's been right 50% of that time, so she's not messing with success.

If I take up a position and try to argue for it, and just happen to use a little, ever so slight, exaggeration or a stat that's close but not perfect, to make a point, she'll call me out then claim my entire argument is wrong. But if I do that... holy cow, my next move better be ducking.

Last edited:
Or you get accused of stealing all of the pillows because she let 3 of them fall to the floor and didn't bother looking to the other side.
This reminded me…my wife always wears socks to bed, but never wakes up with them on. Once a week or so I get accused of losing her socks in the washing machine so I have to pull the sheets back and find her socks.
For a minute or two I look like a hero as I match her socks back together.

The driving stories earlier reminded me of this…in the morning if it has snowed it never fails the first thing my wife asks is how are the roads. And I always respond with something like how the hell am I supposed to know, I just got of bed.

@JDH must be inside that magical first 10 years where anything is possible. My wife just starts out with a base assumption that I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to do anything.

She's been right 50% of that time, so she's not messing with success.
It will be 9 years this June.

If I take up a position and try to argue for it, and just happen to use a little, ever so slight, exaggeration or a stat that's close but not perfect, to make a point, she'll call me out then claim my entire argument is wrong. But if I do that... holy cow, my next move better be ducking.
If I say she's 15 minutes late and it's only 12 I hear it but if she says something will only take 10 minutes and it's 15 that's close enough?

ZipLock bags in the fridge, or the pantry, never, never completely sealed, just folded over. Leftovers put in the garage, because, "It is too hot to put in the fridge right now", stays in the 45 deg garage overnight, perfect temp for bacteria growth, "Oops, it will be fine". Must have built up immunity over the years, still kicking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back