Yeti GOBOX Collection

SFC B will be at it again....

What is the guess-timate on harvest for Ol Sarge this fall?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Goose egg :)

• Total voters
Very cool! Great skull cleaning. Very unique, for our area. :)

Following your adventures as each year. Rooting for ya! Make it happen.

<edit: Saw error in quoted portion. Darn phone thinks I chose the incorrect word and happily changes it. Heh! Oops. "rotting" changed to "rooting".>

Last edited:
Very cool! Great skull cleaning. Very unique, for our area. :)

Following your adventures as each year. Rotting for ya! Make it happen.

i have a good friend who is another hunting guide, he does all my skull cleaning for me.

he charges me £25 per skull and his results are always first class, for what he charges it’s not worth me putting the boiler on for!

i am just glad the trophy made it to it’s new home on one piece!

it’s a Long way from the East of England to Colorado.

Warm ups for the season have started!! CPO came down from Wellington for the long weekend. We had to replace the water pump on Doug as he was starting to weep a tad. It was a bit of a PITA for couple of "old truck/new parts" compatibility and specialty tools issues. Took most of the day yesterday but it is good now. This morning we rousted and headed out on the plains to Ramah. I have a buddy with a 1/4 section out there who has started a small yak herd and was itching for a dent to be put in his P-Dog population. I spent all day pinging with the 17 HMR while CPO switched back and forth between a 22 and his AR. Ended up doing pretty well and it was nice to get some trigger time. Just over a month until it gets real!!!! pew pew....

Rounding out a few details as the season approaches and had to get a couple of goodies from the MR fairy. Today a Zoid cell (padded for cameras and accessories) and a Quick Draw rifle scabbard. I have been needing a soft rifle case and couldn't pass up the deal. fits my rifle very well. Both of these go into regular rotation.

Took the Savage out to the range today to confirm zero and make sure I am ready for WYO......as you will see below all is good. Was the first one on the range at Cheyenne Mountain Shooting complex, put a total of 6 round through the weapon and I was done. At $2+ a round and a shoulder that has been worked on I just can't shoot the '06 too much. For practice time I do the .17 HMR and 5.56 (when I can get rounds). Also, it was nice taking the gun out with the new soft case as well. I love my Pelican case but man it is a PITA to haul around. I am starting to be miserable to be around the closer the season draws near :)

At 100m

Attachments

• zero confirm .jpg
    zero confirm .jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 1
Time is growing NEAR!!! Finished the last little bit of shopping and gathering of goods today. Tomorrow morning Doug and I are headed to Wellington. There we will consolidate into CPOs truck and trailer before heading out balls early Sunday morning. Pics will come along as I go.....

Alrighty!!! This is probably going to take me a couple of sittings over a couple of days to get out......got back to town today only to find that my butcher is no longer taking ANY game meat for the rest of the season due to being so backed up with domestic production cutting.....means I'll be cutting meat. But I digress.

So on the 11th CPO and I were sitting in Kemmerer finishing breakfast when Cush, Sam (major WY badass who plays prominently throughout the adventure) and Sam's stepdad Mark (WY G&F operative and incredibly talented all around craftsman) join us. They drank coffee as we wolfed the last few bites. Always good to sit with Cush and introductions to the others came easy.

We rounded up, hit the Sinclair to top off tanks and moved out through the desert toward the hills. The drive was a little less than an hour to the ranch and as we drove past the gate it became apparent that the week was going to be different than a bunch of the public land hunting for elk I have had. On the faces of the hills/mountains in front of us were no less than 2 groups of elk with at least 20-30 head between them and a little snow remaining from an storm a few days earlier. We were excited to get set up and find the lay of the land.

Attachments

• 20201012_143323.jpg
    20201012_143323.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
After setting up camp on the ranch and watching several groups of elk on the mountain faces Tony and I headed out to the area where he had harvested his elk for an evening hunt. We were in the top end of a a timber sale area surrounded on 3 sides by timber. There were a couple of bulls going at it quite a ways above us but nothing happening in our area. We rolled back into camp and had a good warm dinner waiting. After dinner (and this became SOP) we formulated a plan for the next day.

Attachments

• 20201019_115530.jpg
    20201019_115530.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back