Caribou Gear

SFC B will be at it again....

What is the guess-timate on harvest for Ol Sarge this fall?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Goose egg :)

• Total voters

SFC B

Decided to go ahead and start this thread as I got great news today. CPO and myself both drew tags for the same IL hunt I went on last year!! That leads me to what I tentatively have on the cooker for this year. First will be WY!!! A group of HTers will chasing some elk and hopefully prongys (if I draw). It will be great to have a good sized camp of online hooligans :) Next will be some sort of deer/elk in CO. We usually do 2nd season in GMU26 but given scheduling for WY we may push to 3rd or just look elsewhere. I am also being flexible with this as I do some hunts as they come up with American Heroes in Action (like my CO doe hunt last year). After that will be IL. It was a great time last year with great people and I can't wait to share it with CPO. Looking for Mr. Whitey. On that same excursion to the Midwest we are going to swing up to WI for another WT hunt. We have a couple of friends who have hunted with us out here in CO that we haven't seen in a few years. They have some land, it will be gun season and we are due for a visit. Once back from that I will be looking for any other CO opps that come up and doing waterfowl here and hopefully in NE again. I am also going to try and get out for some small game this year. All of this is helping to not wallow too much for now :)

Congrats and good luck here in IL.
I held out a little too long last year and ended up with a little doe. I won't make the same mistake again. First good sized critter (hopefully a bruiser :) ) goes in the freezer. Man, it is great to be back in the Midwest in the fall :)

Here is an update on what is on tap ......drew a doe tag for 3rd season GMU 26 as that was all I really had a shot at. My first choice tag was 50% draw at 10 pts last year (I had 9 this year). The draw summary shows that this year 100% of those with 10pts drew so I am looking up for that tag next year :) The IL hunt is still there although they haven't had us actually pay for the tag yet as they want to make sure it will be good to go. Today I put in for the secondary draw for a "c" tag for doe deer in 104 (have a shot at the same ranch I took a doe on last year) and a late season doe antelope tag ( I got permission on a small plot in 110) this week. Both of those tags should be slam dunks to draw as there were several hundred left and both units are almost entirely private. Still waiting to hear on the WY antelope draw.

As many of you may know, we are having a HTer Veteran Hunt in WY this fall. Through a great program the state of WY runs I have been gifted an either sex elk tag. Today I found out that I was also drawn for a doe antelope tag (as did all of those in camp!!) AND got my Wyoming Disabled Veteran Hunting Season Extension permit that will allow me to hunt 5 days earlier than any season I am hold a tag for from now on. Pretty good day thanks to the fine folks in WY!!!

Sounds like a good fall for you and the others,great way to fill the freezer! 💥

Well just got the first (and hopefully only) bad news for the year. The IL hunt has officially been cancelled for this year :( I saw this one coming. Housing a bunch of unrelated, high risk folks in the same place for several days was just not going to be feasible. Uuuggghh........a real kick in nards.

Well just got the first (and hopefully only) bad news for the year. The IL hunt has officially been cancelled for this year :( I saw this one coming. Housing a bunch of unrelated, high risk folks in the same place for several days was just not going to be feasible. Uuuggghh........a real kick in nards.

Our WY one is still on though those concerns are still present. I was talking to Derek about it yesterday over lunch. Hopefully a lot changes for the better in the next 75 days.

That sucks. IL doesn't make anything easy for hunting. They cancelled all turkey hunting on IL DNR public land this past spring, this summer they cancelled the waterfowl blind draws for the yearly blinds and now they are trying to determine if they are gonna cancel the daily waterfowl blind draws at the daily draw hunt areas.

I got another boost in the mail yesterday when this showed up :) Can I just take a nap until OCT?
Nice! I can't wait to view the SFC B stories as they are posted on HT.
This ol' vet received a jury duty notice in the mail, so unsure as how that will impact the hunting ... so your hunts may be vicariously enjoyed. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back