Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Seeth's unexpected FULL fall of "good" hunts

My cousin and I have been able to really look close at this bull obviously. Got All kinds of videos with the phone scope. We are guessing about 320 or so. Not a toad but still exactly what we Are beyond happy to chase after! Now we just wait some more and pray for a fatal mistake!

Only a matter of time, y’all are in a target rich environment.

It’s going to be awesome.
Yes, Wyoming is doing something right for a place like this to exist. Today I heard hundreds of buggles, saw three bulls over 300" within 500 yards, saw at least 30 bulls and for most of the day, never even moved.

We decided to leave those elk alone this morning. We never spoked any elk at all but we certainly made a presence with calling and showing a cow elk decoy at times. Decided to look at another area that appeared to have some more vegetation and water. It lacked vegetation but had lots of water. And yes, lots of elk. We glassed up 7 different herds all with one good bull and 10 to 20 cows. 1 or 2 small raghorns in each group too. None of the good bulls were impressive except one but there was no way we could make a move. We watched him push his cows for over an hour and they went over a ridge over a mile away so we never saw them bed to attempt anything.

20220923_075926.jpg

Going to Rock Springs now to get a tire plugged (we got a flat on the way in on Wednesday) and then likely going to spend the afternoon over that way checking things out. My Antelope tag is for over that way so might look for them too.

Not much happening right now. Tire place was busy so we had to just drop it off and while waiting we drove up on the mountain above RS and nothing looks promising up here. We know it's only a small herd that lives up here but thought we would check it out. Almost down on the green river now time to switch for looking for Antelope soon

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back