NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Seek Outside getting heat for hosting gun control nut Ryan Busse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding conflict on this site. Well, total agreement is not a good goal. As to the conflict on this thread, I'd say the OP got the ball rolling pretty well. Just look at the title of the thread.

Just by holding an opinion on guns and the second amendment, he declared Busse to be a nut. I'd speculate that across the spectrum of thought on that subject, Busse is much closer to the middle of it than the OP.
Very much this...

It bothers me that not one person slamming him or seek outside have bothered to ask any questions or have a conversation on why they believe what they do.

Not one.

They claim to want conversation but, let's be honest, they absolutely do not.

Have you had a discussion with the flag flying truck driver he denigrated or had a conversation with him about why he denigrates so many people he knows nothing about?
It's not my place to have a discussion with the flag denigrating truck driver. I personally don't have a problem with someone flying a flag in the back of a truck. Same as I have no problem with someone else burning one.

I reckon if it bothered me enough I may inquire as to why and ask some questions of either or both. But I wouldn't pretend to have them all figured and tucked into a tidy box over 10 tweets either.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Replace SO with XYZ person or company, it doesn’t matter. This entire issue highlights the dangers of monoideism ( my play on monotheism). When the mere possibly that someone might believe contrary to you on an idea automatically places them in an adversarial category, commonality be dammed. Unfortunately history is riddled with examples of the actions that kind of idiocy leads to.

Last edited:
Very much this...

It bothers me that not one person slamming him or seek outside have bothered to ask any questions or have a conversation on why they believe what they do.

Not one.

They claim to want conversation but, let's be honest, they absolutely do not.
Maybe they are aware enough of their history to know that they won't have a conversation. Looking through Busse's Twitter history, he has made no reasonable effort to have a conversation. If Kevin were interested in conversation, he would have read the book before inviting Busse to talk about it. You know, so he could have a conversation about it. On Rokslide, Kevin could have had a conversation about it, but he posted and ran, not bothering with attending follow-up questions.

Frankly, I am VERY good at determining who is capable of having a conversation, who REALLY wants to have a conversation and who doesn't. Anyone who asks what soul searching is, then 4 minutes later tells someone to engage in soul searching, isn't interested in conversation. Someone who uses words like this, "Too much word salad, try again, half as long." then a few minutes later accuses someone of being passive aggressive, isn't interested in conversation.

Keep up the good work. You are getting the attention you want. I am off to a Mardi Gras parade to laugh at more people.

Here are the screenshots I grabbed from Kevin Timm's twitter page before he deleted them like a coward and came onto rokslide and lied about the content of his page.

I scrolled through his posts and "likes" and let me be very clear. His activity was nothing but contempt and hate for one group of people. He came on rokslide and said otherwise, but I looked through it and it was 100% one sided. If you want an idea of what Timm's twitter account looked like just go look at Busse's. Only thing I remember being different was Timm posted a cryptic homophobic tweet and another tweet degrading a conservative female by referring to her as the "C" word.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219-110401_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-110401_Twitter.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20230219-110748_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-110748_Twitter.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20230219-110916_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-110916_Twitter.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20230219-111512_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-111512_Twitter.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20230219-111708_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-111708_Twitter.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20230219-112524_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-112524_Twitter.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20230219-112423_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-112423_Twitter.jpg
    665.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230219-113134_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-113134_Twitter.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 63
Maybe they are aware enough of their history to know that they won't have a conversation. Looking through Busse's Twitter history, he has made no reasonable effort to have a conversation. If Kevin were interested in conversation, he would have read the book before inviting Busse to talk about it. You know, so he could have a conversation about it. On Rokslide, Kevin could have had a conversation about it, but he posted and ran, not bothering with attending follow-up questions.

Frankly, I am VERY good at determining who is capable of having a conversation, who REALLY wants to have a conversation and who doesn't. Anyone who asks what soul searching is, then 4 minutes later tells someone to engage in soul searching, isn't interested in conversation. Someone who uses words like this, "Too much word salad, try again, half as long." then a few minutes later accuses someone of being passive aggressive, isn't interested in conversation.

Keep up the good work. You are getting the attention you want. I am off to a Mardi Gras parade to laugh at more people.
You're not as good as you think at determining much of anything other than breaking your leg jumping to conclusions and confirmation bias.

It's pretty cool you can figure someone out from 10 tweets.

What's interesting is that multiple people who know Kevin personally, including Robby Denning, have said this is a mischaracterization of him in the Rokslide thread. Nobody pays any attention to that, though.

Where's the link to this rockslide topic? Is it as big of a useless prison riot as this one?
It is much worse

What's interesting is that multiple people who know Kevin personally, including Robby Denning, have said this is a mischaracterization of him in the Rokslide thread. Nobody pays any attention to that, though.
That’s where things started going off the rails, becoming personal. My take is that a personal relationship should override internet drama in how you perceive someone. Unfortunately those who have a personal relationship with Kevin weren’t allowed to have their opinions in that thread, just got their heads bit off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back