NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Seek Outside getting heat for hosting gun control nut Ryan Busse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a watcher and a listener. I don’t post much because I feel that I don’t have much to contribute to a mostly western hunting forum.
I am however strongly opposed to any infringement upon our 2nd amendment rights. If that makes me wrong, or a troll, sorry for speaking up in a “place for friends”.

I noticed you fired your salvo and ran...but if you're still around to follow up on the collateral damage:

You do realize that Seek sells tents and backpacks, not guns, right? I'm as pro-2A as the next guy and I also like the Seek Outside products, their small business model, and I've met them and they are very nice people to boot, so they get my business. I know them better than I know some lurker who seemingly contributes nothing to this platform except for poking his head in to tell a bunch of strangers to hurt the livelihood of a bunch of other strangers because he doesn't like who they talked to once on a podcast. Look at the photos on their website or blog and tell me if you really think they are anti-hunting or guns. Yeah, you're wrong, and you're literally no better than Ryan Busse in my opinion, but you don't have to apologize to me...you should apologize to the Seek Outside folks.

I noticed you fired your salvo and ran...but if you're still around to follow up on the collateral damage:

You do realize that Seek sells tents and backpacks, not guns, right? I'm as pro-2A as the next guy and I also like the Seek Outside products, their small business model, and I've met them and they are very nice people to boot, so they get my business. I know them better than I know some lurker who seemingly contributes nothing to this platform except for poking his head in to tell a bunch of strangers to hurt the livelihood of a bunch of other strangers because he doesn't like who they talked to once on a podcast. Look at the photos on their website or blog and tell me if you really think they are anti-hunting or guns. Yeah, you're wrong, and you're literally no better than Ryan Busse in my opinion, but you don't have to apologize to me...you should apologize to the Seek Outside folks.

I actually disagree with you. Before this thread, I had no Idea about Busse. Google search and 10 min of time provided me what I need to know about….and no, I don’t need to buy his book.
I’m glad this thread came about to educate me. I may or may not buy some SO stuff to throw in my Kifaru pack….. we’ll see.
I have gotten to a point in my life where I have learned to deal with companies’, differing ideals in my own. I had to. If not, I would be walking around naked and hungry and unable to get on Internet forums.
What I find so laughable in all of this, is the enlightened virtue signalers telling everyone to think outside of the box and chill. I can only imagine the different tone this thread would take if Seek Outside had hosted Ted Nugent on its podcast and asked him what he really thinks about politics.😁

Not mincing words doesn't make anyone an a-hole.

Didn't realize you were the sensitive type.
If you are honest with yourself, many of your posts are far more abrasive and personally directed to the "other" than necessary or helpful. It isn't that you are just blunt or avoid unnecessary pleasantries, you routinely go full attack mode and name calling with little or no reason.

Given your knowledge base about public land hunting and all the work you put in for all of us (Rs and NRs) to keep WY a great public land opportunity, it is a bummer to see that value/voice so diluted on this forum by the tone/approach you choose. But it is what it is and many of us appreciate what you do, but also are tired of your personal attacks on others, and your band of lackeys who always chime in right on cue.

So, Buzz remains a paradox - helpful in one way, toxic in another. If folks are going to stick around HT they just need to get used to it.

If you are honest with yourself, many of your posts are far more abrasive and personally directed to the "other" than necessary or helpful. It isn't that you are just blunt or avoid unnecessary pleasantries, you routinely go full attack mode and name calling with little or no reason.

Given your knowledge base about public land hunting and all the work you put in for all of us (Rs and NRs) to keep WY a great public land opportunity, it is a bummer to see that value/voice so diluted on this forum by the tone/approach you choose. But it is what it is and many of us appreciate what you do, but also are tired of your personal attacks on others, and your band of lackeys who always chime in right on cue.

So, Buzz remains a paradox - helpful in one way, toxic in another. If folks are going to stick around HT they just need to get used to it.
Too much word salad, try again, half as long.

I actually disagree with you. Before this thread, I had no Idea about Busse. Google search and 10 min of time provided me what I need to know about….and no, I don’t need to buy his book.
I’m glad this thread came about to educate me. I may or may not buy some SO stuff to throw in my Kifaru pack….. we’ll see.
I have gotten to a point in my life where I have learned to deal with companies’, differing ideals in my own. I had to. If not, I would be walking around naked and hungry and unable to get on Internet forums.
What I find so laughable in all of this, is the enlightened virtue signalers telling everyone to think outside of the box and chill. I can only imagine the different tone this thread would take if Seek Outside had hosted Ted Nugent on its podcast and asked him what he really thinks about politics.😁
I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I read this as you suggesting that HT is somehow a left-leaning and virtue-signaling place.

If I read this right, you are way off base. This forum has a significant number of very "right" folks, a lot of traditional conservatives, many moderates, some left of center, and a few but rare true lefties. Most threads span the spectrum. Thankfully HT is not a far right or far left echo chamber. If that is what one wants, this isn't a very "safe space".

To my original post, I'd never heard of Ryan Busse until this thread. I like Seek Outside. It was obvious to me the OP was just parroting others rhetoric without having actually investigated any of this first hand, making blanket statements he may or may not be able to back up. I decided to order Busse's book to find out for myself what he thinks. I may not agree with much of it, but I'm at least going to give him a fair hearing.

As to cancelling Seek Outside, that's not going to happen. I buy what I deem the best for my needs, regardless of a persons political or religious views. I wonder how many that won't buy from SO because of Kevin Timm's views (which I just learned of), have an Amazon Prime membership - you think Jeff Bezos has a bit more clout in the world than Kevin Timm?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

@BrentD gave you the reader's digest version in #159, and you didn't like that either.
Just curious if you have any thoughts of your own on the subject?

Or is it just in your nature to passive aggressively patronize and attack other members while proclaiming you don't like that kind of thing?

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I read this as you suggesting that HT is somehow a left-leaning and virtue-signaling place.

If I read this right, you are way off base. This forum has a significant number of very "right" folks, a lot of traditional conservatives, many moderates, some left of center, and a few but rare true lefties. Most threads span the spectrum. Thankfully HT is not a far right or far left echo chamber. If that is what one wants, this isn't a very "safe space".
Oh ok. Well, you can have your opinion but, I have followed this site for nearly 20 years and know what I see

Or is it just in your nature to passive aggressively patronize and attack other members while proclaiming you don't like that kind of thing?
On the subject of your behavior or the issue of "canceling SO"? Either way, I have shared my thoughts on both above.

@BuzzH, it isn’t necessarily derogatory when some folks point out you are more abrasive than necessary when getting your point across. Cutting through the B.S. and getting straight to the point is a great messaging strategy.

Continuing tit for tat when folks make it personal detracts from the message. At an emotional level, everyone reaches a point where they close their ears to an individual’s message if they conclude he is continually disagreeable.

Sometimes less is more if the message is most important.

Meh...I usually get a few dozen PM's a month too, not the grade school soap opera hurt feelings ones. You can sort that stuff out, I would personally tell anyone that sent me that type of PM to stop, grow up, and work on something important.

Mine are usually about hunting areas, how to lobby, how to get things done at the commission, etc. etc. those type of things.

Was on the phone with a hunttalk member about 10 days ago and we had a good discussion about an issue he was having with the legislature. Worked out right fair for both of us.

That’s great, do more of that and less of being an ornery ol ass on the internet.

This coming from a potential future ornery ol ass.

And when you’re finished do more how to kill mountain whitetails in MT and ID in PMs starting with mine.

@BuzzH, it isn’t necessarily derogatory when some folks point out you are more abrasive than necessary when getting your point across. Cutting through the B.S. and getting straight to the point is a great messaging strategy.

Continuing tit for tat when folks make it personal detracts from the message. At an emotional level, everyone reaches a point where they close their ears to an individual’s message if they conclude he is continually disagreeable.

Sometimes less is more if the message is most important.
Correct, why I'm spare with words and why others find it "abrasive".

It is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back