Seek Outside getting heat for hosting gun control nut Ryan Busse

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you consider this thread, you are the one repeatedly calling some one an asshole.
Hmmm. Attack the issue not the person! One of the best classes I had in college was Logic. During debates, if a person personally attacked an opponent they lost the argument and had to go sit at the children's table for the rest of class. Much fun, laughter and learning how to parse language and conduct yourself as an adult. It also taught one not to open their mouth without thinking through their position.
My comments towards Buzz are general. Nothing to do with this thread specifically. He is ALWAYS the center of any conflict on this site. Some might say he is the reason for most conflict on this site.

I called him out because the main thing he does is piss people off. Far too many people are scared to call him out on being an ass so they let him talk all the crap he wants. If you think I'm being an ass for calling him out then you're beyond help.

Well, I'd do some soul searching, whatever that is, but sort of tough to find time.

You know, between working my day job 45-50 hours a week, raising $120K for corner crossing, co-chairing WYBHA, testifying on bills passing some killing others, attending various GF meetings, Union President representing a couple hundred employees from a geographic area from Puerto Rico to California, Union Legislative chair lobbying DC every year, and having a hunting and fishing schedule that would kill the average man...I would like to find time for soul searching.

What exactly does soul searching entail?
It’s the god damned union man!
Everybody hide!!!
1676995661345.gif

To my original post, I'd never heard of Ryan Busse until this thread. I like Seek Outside. It was obvious to me the OP was just parroting others rhetoric without having actually investigated any of this first hand, making blanket statements he may or may not be able to back up. I decided to order Busse's book to find out for myself what he thinks. I may not agree with much of it, but I'm at least going to give him a fair hearing.

As to cancelling Seek Outside, that's not going to happen. I buy what I deem the best for my needs, regardless of a persons political or religious views. I wonder how many that won't buy from SO because of Kevin Timm's views (which I just learned of), have an Amazon Prime membership - you think Jeff Bezos has a bit more clout in the world than Kevin Timm?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
You could have looked through about his 10 most recent Twitter posts and learned all that you need to learn.

Just curious if you have any thoughts of your own on the subject?

Or is it just in your nature to passive aggressively patronize and attack other members while proclaiming you don't like that kind of thing?

You are "just curious"? I doubt you have ever spoken more disingenuous words in your life. All you are interested in is backhanding people that irritate you.

The only reason you are spare with words is because you like the tough guy image that you use to smack folks around. Tolerating your rude behavior gets tiresome (I know THAT will keep you awake at nights :) ). No doubt I'll post similar sentiments at some point in the future, unless you decide you don't need to be an asshole or Randy finally tosses your ass. Doubtful either will happen so brace yourself for a repeat at some point.

This is so sad, because you really don't have to do that to be the big man on campus (or hunt talk, as the case may be). But "yet you persist". I suspect a psychologist would have a field day analyzing your posts.

Carry on, in the meantime, my SO Peregrine is not for sale or demolition. I like it just fine, thank you. ;)

I personally will continue to use SO gear happily, for a multitude of reasons, one of which might be that it rattles the purists.

I have no issue with someone deciding they can't use a company because of a difference in values. I also have no issue with them sending an email to the company explaining their differences and concerns. I do find it distasteful when it appears that a certain pleasure is taken from dragging someone's name through the mud, especially when it's someone who has been an asset to hunting, regardless how he feels about ARs. The line we get is that it's altruistic, but the way the discussion goes makes one doubt that it's anything more than skewering someone who's not from my tribe.

If I'm honest with myself, I've probably fallen prey to some of the same things in the past. I'm trying to do better.

I find the antidote is to relax, get off the internet, and get outside for awhile. It works wonders.....

Are restricted licenses really hard to obtain? Like to carry a revolver in bear country?

If Canadian hunting guides carry a bear gun it’s usually a 45/70 or a short shotgun.
It is strange that you can’t be 100+ miles from the nearest town, riding a horse through the Mackenzie Mountains and not be allowed to have a revolver.

My comments towards Buzz are general. Nothing to do with this thread specifically. He is ALWAYS the center of any conflict on this site. Some might say he is the reason for most conflict on this site.

I called him out because the main thing he does is piss people off. Far too many people are scared to call him out on being an ass so they let him talk all the crap he wants. If you think I'm being an ass for calling him out then you're beyond help.

Regarding conflict on this site. Well, total agreement is not a good goal. As to the conflict on this thread, I'd say the OP got the ball rolling pretty well. Just look at the title of the thread.

Just by holding an opinion on guns and the second amendment, he declared Busse to be a nut. I'd speculate that across the spectrum of thought on that subject, Busse is much closer to the middle of it than the OP.

Have you had a discussion or conversation with the poster of tweets you know everything about?
Have you had a discussion with the flag flying truck driver he denigrated or had a conversation with him about why he denigrates so many people he knows nothing about?

Regarding conflict on this site. Well, total agreement is not a good goal. As to the conflict on this thread, I'd say the OP got the ball rolling pretty well. Just look at the title of the thread.

Just by holding an opinion on guns and the second amendment, he declared Busse to be a nut. I'd speculate that across the spectrum of thought on that subject, Busse is much closer to the middle of it than the OP.
Incorrect. He was well enough aware of Busse to know that he is a political hack and zealot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back