Seek Outside getting heat for hosting gun control nut Ryan Busse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear,never owned a SO tent,never heard of them.
Don't know anything about This Busses guy or whatever his name is.
One thing I know for sure,their practice is to chip away at your rights.
They make it look logical,they recognize soft targets.
They will buy a gun and license to say "you see I am a gun owner and a hunter".
They will lie to your face.....and they will destroy you , slowly but surely.
Look north of you.....Canada,it is coming slowly.
Give Trudeau majority in parliament next time and see.
He backed off a bit last time,,,,,now he is changing plan of attack...or deceit.
You think I am far right???
Not at all,politics and politicians are the same.
Self serving.....but then we are too.

Well first off I think some of you might have missed the point of why I posted my thread over there in the first place. I knew who Busse was from his twitter account, which if you take a look at it, is pretty darn hateful toward anyone that doesn’t think like he does.

So I was surprised to see SO dip their toes into the political arena with anyone that controversial.

I worded the the thread title, “Why is SO giving a gun control advocate air time?” In the form of a question on purpose. Perhaps I could’ve been more articulate about how I worded it, but my intent was a question.

If the answer was to have an honest debate about gun control, with at least a little push back to his agenda, then that thread would’ve rightfully turned into a nothing burger, and SO would’ve been no worse for wear.

But it wasn’t, it was more or less an opportunity for Busse to push his book and his views more or less with SO’s endorsement. Take a listen and decide for yourself, and please come to your own conclusions.

As the thread evolved it came to light through others that not only had Busse worked directly for the Biden campaign and Gabby Giffords gun control efforts, but that SO’s founder and owner was just as vocal and partisan in not only his support for gun control, but Biden and the Democratic Party in general publicly on both twitter and Facebook. This was all captured in screenshots and posted.

Those public twitter and facebook accounts were then shut down, and a half hearted “clarification” that more or less said nothing was posted by SO.

This is my brief attempt to summarize the issue and the thread over there as accurately and succinctly as possible without bias. I never sought out to blow this up the way it has, I was simply a loyal customer looking for clarification on an issue that I was passionate about. All of what has come to light was because of SO’s own publicly available postings and actions.

Bottom line I feel like it’s unfair for companies with diverse customer bases to publicly comment on any hot button political issue. I’m saddened that they did and disappointed. What everyone chooses to do in light of it is their own choice and theirs alone.

Well first off I think some of you might have missed the point of why I posted my thread over there in the first place. I knew who Busse was from his twitter account, which if you take a look at it, is pretty darn hateful toward anyone that doesn’t think like he does.

So I was surprised to see SO dip their toes into the political arena with anyone that controversial.

I worded the the thread title, “Why is SO giving a gun control advocate air time?” In the form of a question on purpose. Perhaps I could’ve been more articulate about how I worded it, but my intent was a question.

If the answer was to have an honest debate about gun control, with at least a little push back to his agenda, then that thread would’ve rightfully turned into a nothing burger, and SO would’ve been no worse for wear.

But it wasn’t, it was more or less an opportunity for Busse to push his book and his views more or less with SO’s endorsement. Take a listen and decide for yourself, and please come to your own conclusions.

As the thread evolved it came to light through others that not only had Busse worked directly for the Biden campaign and Gabby Giffords gun control efforts, but that SO’s founder and owner was just as vocal and partisan in not only his support for gun control, but Biden and the Democratic Party in general publicly on both twitter and Facebook. This was all captured in screenshots and posted.

Those public twitter and facebook accounts were then shut down, and a half hearted “clarification” that more or less said nothing was posted by SO.

This is my brief attempt to summarize the issue and the thread over there as accurately and succinctly as possible without bias. I never sought out to blow this up the way it has, I was simply a loyal customer looking for clarification on an issue that I was passionate about. All of what has come to light was because of SO’s own publicly available postings and actions.

Bottom line I feel like it’s unfair for companies with diverse customer bases to publicly comment on any hit button political issue. I’m saddened that they did and disappointed. What everyone chooses to do in light of it is their own choice and theirs alone.
This is well articulated, reasoned discourse. I can appreciate that.

Just to be clear,never owned a SO tent,never heard of them.
Don't know anything about This Busses guy or whatever his name is.
One thing I know for sure,their practice is to chip away at your rights.
They make it look logical,they recognize soft targets.
They will buy a gun and license to say "you see I am a gun owner and a hunter".
They will lie to your face.....and they will destroy you , slowly but surely.
Look north of you.....Canada,it is coming slowly.
Give Trudeau majority in parliament next time and see.
He backed off a bit last time,,,,,now he is changing plan of attack...or deceit.
You think I am far right???
Not at all,politics and politicians are the same.
Self serving.....but then we are too.
This, not so much.

Essentially all you just said is I don’t know this guy, or what he thinks, or how to say his name, but he’s a “they”, and my “they’s” told me not to like ‘im so I don’t.

anyone interested in buying my cimarron with a large stove?

has nothing to do with Busse.

price will be equal to one special pronghorn application in wyo + shipping... OBO.

dang baby is forcing me to rethink shit i own and hardly use.

seriously guys, who wants it?

i'll throw in a sick waypoint in unit 18 for free.

When did we lose the capacity to discern between criticism of a single concept vs existential threat to life, liberty, party or country?

Everyone knows that disagreement with any concept held is an existential threat to life, liberty, party or country.😄

I think it’s probably been accelerated to the extent that popular belief disavows the existence of objective truth as a stand alone reality rather than relative to individual preference. It’s very difficult to accept a different viewpoint if a person considers themselves to be the arbiter of truth.

On a somewhat related side note, I have not quite been able to figure out the logic of folks who take an absolutist view of “shall not be infringed” yet I have never heard of someone who views the infringement of violent felon’s rights to own firearms as unreasonable. Can someone explain to me what part of the Constitution expressly forbids violent felons from owning firearms?

Anyone that gives the podium to people that are against me and also agree or encourage them,I will not support.
Please feel free to support them.
If you think they will stop ,where it will not affect you look at recent history..... Australia?
And fighting people or corporations that want to "cancel", doesn't make me a...cancel person.
Don't fight, turn the other cheek be a good Christian.
It is call , defeatist and the road to communism.
Well ,we are on our way.
Long time ago I predicted,North America will be less free then Russia.
Too old to see the rain.....I see the clouds.
I thought you Americans might put up a fight.... Canadians already being groomed. ..ahead of you.lol
I think that’s shocking to me, especially with members on the forum that are so lackadaisical about gun rights…

Feel free to flame away… Because you’re welcome to your opinion. But the reality is gun control to the people pushing for it means ALL guns.

Canada IS a perfect example. Lived there for 23 years and am blown away by what it’s become.

I chose to best support companies that align with my beliefs.

I also believe in freedom of choice and speech. Others are welcome to chose otherwise and I’ll respect their right to do so.

I love humanity and by my consideration would be perfectly capable of owning a nuclear ballistic missile without causing unnecessary harm to anyone.
I’m not sure that I am comfortable with everyone else owning a ballistic missile, artillery, claymore mines, etc.

Everyone is fine with some infringement of the second amendment. How much everyone is fine with is the point of conflict.

I love humanity and by my consideration would be perfectly capable of owning a nuclear ballistic missile without causing unnecessary harm to anyone.
I’m not sure that I am comfortable with everyone else owning a ballistic missile, artillery, claymore mines, etc.

Everyone is fine with some infringement of the second amendment. How much everyone is fine with is the point of conflict.
I agree with that. Yet, there is no right or wrong answer where the line is drawn.

People have the right to choose who they support by voting with their wallets.

I agree with that. Yet, there is no right or wrong answer where the line is drawn.

People have the right to choose who they support by voting with their wallets.

Absolutely correct. Cancel culture by nature whether implemented by leftist or right wing ideologues seeks to diminish an individual’s freedom of choice to express support or disagreement by ensuring that any dissent becomes too painful to consider. It’s the same coin whether it lands heads or tails.

Absolutely correct. Cancel culture by nature whether implemented by leftist or right wing ideologues seeks to diminish an individual’s freedom of choice to express support or disagreement by ensuring that any dissent becomes too painful to consider. It’s the same coin whether it lands heads or tails.
Unfortunately I think it’s the world we now live in. When companies left or right decide to get into making political stances, they’ve opened the right for people to decide if they wanna support that ideology or not. Left or right.

I think it’s probably been accelerated to the extent that popular belief disavows the existence of objective truth as a stand alone reality rather than relative to individual preference. It’s very difficult to accept a different viewpoint if a person considers themselves to be the arbiter of truth.
A slightly different spin, but getting to the same point, has been made by other commentators including in the book "Why we are Polarized". It is that somewhere in the late 80s/early 90s we began to equate ourselves/personal identities with our political alignment more than traditional personal attributes. In 1975 if you asked someone to describe themselves it would be less political concepts like, "I am a father", or, "I am president of the rotary club", or, "I am a hunter". In 2020 you are much more likely to get, "I am a democrat", or, "I am progressive", or "I am a 2A advocate".

Under this world view, the other side is not just mistaken or wrong, they are afront to your very identity. A threat to your existance.

Between politicians needing to drive funding, major media outlets needing to sell ads, self-annointed pundits needing jobs, endless non-profits/NGOs needing to fill their coffers, and social media companies using cutting edge psycology and computer AI to drive "clicks", this shift has been taken to "11".

I wonder if we can step back from the edge in time or if we will just keep running past it like a saturday morning coyote until we plummet? My best guess today is not optimistic.

Last edited:
Good point. Psycologists have shown for years that the human brain views expulsion from the group as a threat as great or greater threat than death (because 40,000 yrs ago it did mean almost certain death). But it is still shocking to watch in real time, with many seemingly non-life or death topics.

Seriously if someone is looking for an alternative, a have a friend who has a tipi tent with stove made by Lite Outdoors. They were much cheaper than seek outside last I checked. He likes his.

Does anyone know if the my pillow Giza dream sheets are water proof? Thinking about rigging my up a rain fly with that sheet and resting my head on a my pillow in the back country.

Does anyone know if the my pillow Giza dream sheets are water proof? Thinking about rigging my up a rain fly with that sheet and resting my head on a my pillow in the back country.

I'd go for it, Mike will likely offer a money back guarantee if they disappoint. Certainly you'd wake up refreshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back