Secretary of the Interior allows E-bike access on BLM lands

This just opened up every place that bicycles are allowed to motorcycles. I say that because in the not so distant future motorcycles will be electric. They will go farther on a charge, than todays will go on a tank of gas, they will weigh less, they will have more power, and cost less.
They will also pollute less, be quieter and not need spark arresters.
Bad move.
How anybody can say an electric motor isn’t a motor, I don’t know.

I guess I don't see it as that big of a deal. You still have to pedal the bike.

I certainly could be wrong, but I think there are a lot bigger things to worry about.

This is disturbing, and a scaffolding is being constructed (directed) that technology will exploit as time goes on.

E bikes are the fasted growing segment of the bike industry both in terms of number and the advancement of technology.

This just opened up every place that bicycles are allowed to motorcycles. I say that because in the not so distant future motorcycles will be electric. They will go farther on a charge, than todays will go on a tank of gas, they will weigh less, they will have more power, and cost less.
They will also pollute less, be quieter and not need spark arresters.
Bad move.
How anybody can say an electric motor isn’t a motor, I don’t know.
Honda has been working on electric motocross bikes for some time. I am sure thebother OEM's are as well.

This is just a total gouge in the eye right now. I got up at 3am yesterday to drive out to a spot that I can hunt elk from the house. It's a 30-45 min hike in from the road into a non-motorized area. I get to the top, where I usually start finding elk. Instead, I find 3 dudes on E-bikes with trailers that have set up camp for the weekend to hunt. Really? It took me 30 minutes to walk in there.

They came in from the opposite side of the ridge and conveniently parked their truck right next to the non-motorized sign. Luckily, this is on USDA ground...

"The Fat Kat electric hunting bike is a total game changer for hunting public land".

Don't look at it as a (nother) "thing to worry about". Look at it as another potential interesting "what's the best" thread topic................

And imagine the possibilities: Sitka camo edition frame, OnX enabled navigation, Kifaru frame mounted rifle bearer - the list could be endless:eek:

I always wonder how many people that rail against ebikes and declare them the new technological antichrist have ridden one.

I always wonder how many people that rail against ebikes and declare them the new technological antichrist have ridden one.
I wonder how many people that support it have ridden the one that won’t be built for another 15 or 20 or 120 years when this rule is still in place.

I wonder how many people that support it have ridden the one that won’t be built for another 15 or 20 or 120 years when this rule is still in place.
Obviously, zero. Motorcycles don't fit into the definition of ebikes given in the order.

Guys of my age will likely be too old (in 20 years) to recreate in country which may be affected by these things - so why should I give a rat's ass:sneaky:

I am all for e bikes but not in non-motorized areas. Bad precedent for sure.

I’ve ridden a few. Some are a ton of fun and others seemed like overpriced junk. I don’t like seeing them in non motorized areas because the simple truth is they have a motor. I have an even bigger distaste for allowing class 2’s that feature a throttle

I wonder how many people in favor are the lazy @$$ ones who will keep trashing the countryside rather than actually do some hiking? Just like the ones riding the atv's.

Last edited:
Back