Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Season's Over

S

ShadowRider

Well guys, Sunday was the last day of season here. This was not a good season for Shadowrider. I managed to actually go hunting three days. The opening weekend and then again one day this last week.
Last week I went out, out of shear desperation because I just couldn't stand the thought of missing the whole season. It didn't make any difference. There wasn't any gobbling at all, so I just strolled through my old haunts, remebering hunts past. It was a beautiful morning and it felt darn good just to be out in the woods.
Opening weekend, I managed to call in 11 different toms, the largest being about 8". On one occasion, I had 4 jakes working. They'd come in, look around and leave, then I'd call them back. Did this about four times and had them as close as 15 feet one time. Ya just gotta love those youngsters, they sure do make for alot of fun. I was really pumped about the prospects that the season seemed to be offering and couldn't wait till later in the week when I would be back out, call in hand, ear to the wind.
Unfortunately, work had other plans for me. I won't bore you with the details but will suffice it to say that when it rains it pours and by the time things settled back down, it was all over but the crying. Oh well, just think of all that wear and tear I saved on my equipment. ;)
Those of you that are still hunting, "goodluck" and for those of you that are through, I hope you had a good season.
Boomer, I told you not to put my dollar on that Husky. I'm sure going to miss it. :D :D SR

Well ShadowRider I hunted 8 days for a gobbler.Many a chance but no cigar. But I learned alot.It was only my second spring season. My 16yr old missed a shot and my 10yr old and I did not take one. My only clear shot would have been a hen. Almost a
. But with the knowledge that i gained and the memories made it was worth every minute. Next year is just around the bend.

like they say guys , "turkey one day feathers the next"!!! i thought for sure we would get one here in fla, but no that didnt happen and i wasnt sure about kentucky because id never been there before and as luck would have it thats where we scored!
sorry, things didnt work out for ya but, like was said theres always next year or the fall if you have a fall season!

Don't worry Shadow, my dollar will keep your's company....:D

I had a ruff year also. The big boys just didn't want to cooperate. At least you got to get out some and have a good time. I always injoy being out. Don't matter if I kill one or not...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back