Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

SD deer results up

T Bone

Hopefully my honey hole still has a few whitetail in it. Going with my long time bud from Idaho who has never tagged a whitetail.

Good luck to all.

I got turned down on first choice of any deer, but drew double whitetail. now I just hope there are a few still alive

Pulled points... :D

I now have 7 for West River and 4 for Black Hills. One of these years I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and cash them...

Points for me too. Is anyone else still buying antelope points even though non residents can't apply in the first drawing anymore? I bought them with the hope that that will change in a few years when the population comes back.

Also, is SD a straight up preference point system? I know it says preference points in the regulations but when I look at the draw odds, it doesn't show how many points it takes to draw tags. I can still get an idea looking at tags drawn versus apps but I was just curious about that...

Maybe we should start a support group. Random Point Accumulators Anonymous. :D

Each year I get a brief panic attack when the updated Wyoming points recap is released.

The max pool and max - 1 pools will see shrinkage which is mostly due to successful tag applications. Happy days for those folks that drew.

Then you notice a few folks did not draw tags but fell out of Max and Max-1. After years and years of applying each year.

Only a few ways to not get a point and none of them are good...death, incapacitation, wildlife violation, incarceration...

Hunt while you can...

Also, is SD a straight up preference point system? I know it says preference points in the regulations but when I look at the draw odds, it doesn't show how many points it takes to draw tags. I can still get an idea looking at tags drawn versus apps but I was just curious about that...

No, its a misnomer. They call them preference points but they are more like bonus points. I learned this when I called and spoke to the gentleman who runs the draw a couple years ago. Also, BTW, unlike other states that operate under a true or modified bonus points system, in SD you cannot draw a tag as a NR with 0 points UNLESS the hunt is undersubscribed and this isn't going to happen.

What does a NR tag in SD cost?

Tried searching on the website and didn't have any luck. Going to be doing a job up at LaCreek NWR and thinking about getting an archery tag.

Thanks in advance.

NR archery any deer tag is $286. You can have both an east river and west river, $286 each, or 1 statewide $286. Single antlerless $56, double antlerless $81

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back