SD deer hunt w/ overkill on pics

good job licknuts. Any of them really skanky or they good eating? The buck I harpooned last weekend was surprisingly very good and no rut taste at all.

Awesome hunting for sure, congrats on a couple dandies. The whitey is just slightly cool looking.

Well done Miller. Great pics and some dandy bucks. Very cool little basket whitey.

miller, do you hunt private or public in SD. Is this a west river hunt or a BH hunt?
MN, I am lucky enough to hunt on some private stuff that belongs to my buddy. The BH buck was on FS land. I am sure I could have found a bigger one, but I am not disappointed shooting this guy. Big fun.

Great bucks all the way around. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the snow melted off pretty fast?
Still some snow around, alot up on the mountain. A couple days ago we had record highs. Pretty sure it was upper-70's here in Sturgis. Life in the banana-belt.:D

good job licknuts. Any of them really skanky or they good eating? The buck I harpooned last weekend was surprisingly very good and no rut taste at all.
Bitch, the mule deer is ready to go to the processor for sausage and bacon. The whiteys are excellent. Had a great lunch of tips and rice today.

Great stuff Miller. As always, the pics are fantastic and almost tell the story themselves.

Any of those whiteys would suffice for me, but that crazy one you shot would be my preference.

Congrats to all of you on some great deer.

Its amazing you didn't shoot the 5x4, he was old enough by most standards. They only shoot what, real wide ones? Do they have a rule, or was it up to you?

Way to go, you did awesome on both hunts! Just go over the hill and shoot him in his bed, you can't beat that, eh? A nice mule deer and a nice whitetail, that's awesome!

WTG on the bucks! You guys put some brown on the ground! Whats this bacon you talking about making your deer into? Jerky???

Its amazing you didn't shoot the 5x4, he was old enough by most standards. They only shoot what, real wide ones? Do they have a rule, or was it up to you?

Way to go, you did awesome on both hunts! Just go over the hill and shoot him in his bed, you can't beat that, eh? A nice mule deer and a nice whitetail, that's awesome!
Thanks Tom. As I mentioned, this is my buddies land and he allows me to shoot anything I want. That being said, if I was to shoot the dropper buck he might be a bit disappointed.:D There are no rules as this is not a business, just a good hunting area with a couple friends. Nearly all the bucks we passed on have potential for next year and I would love to have a wall hanger and not just a decent buck. You are correct, 54 (5x4) is a mature critter and if he had 4th's on both sides, he probably would have been shot (or he may have already been shot if he visited the neighboring properties). Hopefully he survives and is better next year.

WTG on the bucks! You guys put some brown on the ground! Whats this bacon you talking about making your deer into? Jerky???

I was throwing out bait on the bacon mention. I thought it was pretty weird, but decided to try some a couple years instead of having everything made into sausage. WOW, great sheet. He grinds and mixes with pork and packages it just like a pound of bacon at the grocery store. Awesome tasting and very little shrinkage. Four or five strips in the mike for 2 minutes and good to go.

Damn good showing!!! Congrats! That looks like one kick ass hunt!!

That whitetail has some serious character, hope you at least Euro him.

I was throwing out bait on the bacon mention. I thought it was pretty weird, but decided to try some a couple years instead of having everything made into sausage. WOW, great sheet. He grinds and mixes with pork and packages it just like a pound of bacon at the grocery store. Awesome tasting and very little shrinkage. Four or five strips in the mike for 2 minutes and good to go.

Dude....lucky. Never heard of such a thing. That is amazing.

Any more hunts coming up? The usual late cow elk hunt??

Those are some dandy bucks. I don't know how you passed some of those whiteys. But, it sure paid off with the nice muley. Thanks for sharing.

Nice bucks!! I think I made a mistake just getting doe tags.............I just got a pic of a buck that was shot out of "my" stand two days ago! I have to just sit there and look at them, maybe I'll work on my photography skills-I definately need the practice!

Commendations on the self restraint Miller. That is one of the neatest crown whiteys I've seen in quite awhile. Pics are a amazing.

Some great looking bucks and the pics and story are awesome as usual. You got it figured out pretty well Miller. Congrats man.

congrats Miller. very nice looking whitetails. really like the one you shot. lots of cool to it. yeah, and the muley ain't bad either.

never heard of deer bacon before. might have to check into that.

great pics. and axl does look like gubberment employee. just like the ones working on the roads.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back