PEAX Equipment

Sciatica

Couldn't put it off any longer haven't been able to sleep for weeks. Usually a handful of ibuprofen and about 8 beers would take care of that, but I've been cutting that back. Started physical therapy, 2 days in and it's helping tremendously so far, fwiw.

Last edited:
Sports, and weight lifting caused mine. It’s been on and off since college. I’ve tried everything..

The absolute keys are stretching and strengthening. Your core and back need balance.

The change in my back health came when I became dedicated to yoga. It builds core strength and flexibility. It also is great for relaxation. Try Yoga with Adrien on YouTube.

Sports, and weight lifting caused mine. It’s been on and off since college. I’ve tried everything..

The absolute keys are stretching and strengthening. Your core and back need balance.

The change in my back health came when I became dedicated to yoga. It builds core strength and flexibility. It also is great for relaxation. Try Yoga with Adrien on YouTube.
I've watched some yoga videos, for sure. ;)

Couldn't put it off any longer haven't been able to sleep for weeks. Usually a handful of ibuprofen and about 8 beers would take care of that, but I've been cutting that back. Started physical therapy, 2 days in and it's helping tremendously so far, fwiw.
It's not a muscle problem ibuprofen won't help. It's a nerve. Gabapentin worked wonders for me. You will need to see a Dr.

I’ll tell you @mtmuley within two weeks of suspenders I felt back problems and thought it was my bed until I was reminded i had tried them. It’s hip zits without supsenders or back problems with them, there. I know you have some years on me, and I already get tingling in my left leg and foot really bad I’ve read it’s from sciatic nerve but never diagnosed, I can’t imagine how you feel doing construction at twice my senior (if memory serves; please forgive me). I’m taking advice as you are here… if it’s suspenders you’re wearing, try without. And visa versa. Good luck, Sir.

I had a herniated disk in my lower back a few years ago. Recovered to 100 percent in a little over a year with no surgery. Disclaimer I was 30 when it happened and did not take a day off of work. Lots of time with a chiropractor, physical therapy, quit drinking, removed processed food and processed sugars from my diet. Not easy and not for everyone but my career and at my age surgery was my last option.
E5C19014-A7B3-45CC-96BD-C7B61C35A479.jpeg

Several things have changed my life, and one was a program called 'Foundation Training'.
In my mid 20's I developed severe back pain and sciatica. A physician looked at my X-rays and told me he was not optimistic. The thought of not being able to do the outdoor activities I centered my life around was depressing to say the least.

I was watching Ted-talk videos one day and saw Dr. Eric Goodman give a short presentation on foundation training. To keep it short, many have essentially forgotten how to move correctly and often times the pain we experience is our body trying to tell us this. An example is bending over to pick something up. I used to bend with my back but we are actually designed to bend with our hips and posterior chain muscles, while the back stays straight. I used his older DVD set about 10 minutes each day for a year and the results were life changing.

My opinion: The biggest flaw of western medicine is the focus on addressing and treating individual symptoms rather than understanding why those symptoms are happening.

Inhave suffered from if for about 30 years now. Like stated above, stretching helps. I also find an agressive deep tissue message machine my wife bought helps (probably the most).
It has a hard narrow ball like end and is pretty aggressive. If I deep tissue message the muscles in my lower back/butt juncture, working down the glutes/butt cheeks it helps.
I seldom sleep through the night, especially since wifey bought a soft mattress that she loves. Kills my back.
Best of luck to you MM.

Last edited:

I herniated a disc in early November 2020. It started off as discomfort, and by December it was hard to walk upright. Ibproufin made it better but the only thing that really made it better was getting up
early, stretching my hamstring and my back. Once I’d get it stretched I’d have to stay in constant motion to keep it warm all day. One doc suggested surgery but told me the all of the possible bad outcomes so I didn’t. It was the motivation I needed to lose 40# and stay more active. It took a solid 8 months for it to start to feel normal. It still flares up from time to time but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Wish I had better news, but unless you wanna go the shot/surgery route it’s just a long road to recovery. Like @Dsnow9 i was 31 when it happened so if I luck out and die by 50 I’ll only struggle with it for 25 or so more years. 🤣

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back