Caribou Gear

Sciatica

Acting up today. I have a week to fix it. Remedies? I'm hunting regardless. mtmuley
I am recovering from an 8 hour surgery on my lower spine, they fused 3 vertebrae and installed a ton of hardware and a couple bone grafs. Point being if you choose surgery it can take a year to recover so try other options first. I had the surgery 4/6/22 and I don't know if I can hunt this fall.

Sports, and weight lifting caused mine. It’s been on and off since college. I’ve tried everything..

The absolute keys are stretching and strengthening. Your core and back need balance.

The change in my back health came when I became dedicated to yoga. It builds core strength and flexibility. It also is great for relaxation. Try Yoga with Adrien on YouTube.
Same here.

The another thing that has helped me, long term, was getting a stand up desk at work.

I know just figured I'I'post it for anyone else who had posted on it.
Back pain /sciatica is no laughing matter.
High school sports and improper preparation/ weight lifting wrecked my back. I have mostly avoided issues since with my lifestyle.
I will say that the two times I have had back spasms I have never felt more desperate.

A chiropractor wrecked mine. Should have sued his arse.
He couldn't get my lower back to pop, so he jumped up in the air and came down with his full weight (230 lbs) with his knee into my lower back (while I was face down on the "springy table")
I still think about taking him behind the wood shed with a ball bat, but he has moved.

The massage guns are great, thank also have an inversion table to go along with everything else I listed.

3rd day of extreme pain in my old back& left leg. Damn thing twitched all night. Ice pack on it 1st thing this morning.
Woke up in a painful dream of helping my dad to the growler.
Tip....don't get old. Don't over extend your reach chainsawing. Don't let Rio lay against your hip while you nap on the couch.

Laminectomy and desiccated bone saddle at L4 & 5 a decade ago...can't touch the rim anymore but it worked for the frustrating pain. Had it done in early March and rode the bike to Taos 3 months later for Memorial day w/ Doc's blessing.

Been taking half a hydrocodine to get by. Ibuprofin lasted a day. Found a bottle of Tramidol too I had stashed for emergencies. Self dosing with half doses. I know this is not good but is why I have some meds.

Did some research online and worried. Talked to my bro who has had problems his whole life. Hope it is not a disc or spur, it does not feel like it to me. Had those before in neck & wrist.

Golly gosh it feels good! LOL Rio hid after my last outburst. Might see if a backcracker is in area,after the doc looks. But I don't really trust them.
It is a biotch getting old. I can pick out 24 traumatic injuries, I can remember, it might stem from.

On this Memorial Day weekend I am glad I did make it home and have the flag out wipping in the winds.

Been taking half a hydrocodine to get by. Ibuprofin lasted a day. Found a bottle of Tramidol too I had stashed for emergencies. Self dosing with half doses. I know this is not good but is why I have some meds.

Did some research online and worried. Talked to my bro who has had problems his whole life. Hope it is not a disc or spur, it does not feel like it to me. Had those before in neck & wrist.

Golly gosh it feels good! LOL Rio hid after my last outburst. Might see if a backcracker is in area,after the doc looks. But I don't really trust them.
It is a biotch getting old. I can pick out 24 traumatic injuries, I can remember, it might stem from.

On this Memorial Day weekend I am glad I did make it home and have the flag out wipping in the winds.
Bad chiropractors are like bad surgeons, need to avoid both!

Hopefully you can find a good one, ours keeps me upright! Not looking forward to getting older. If we ever move or she moves might have to do some convincing and move together

I have been deaing with it off and on for 20 years. Bull wrecks and car wrecks are the likely original cause for me.

What has helped me consistently more than anything is stretches for the back, core,hamstrings, etc. My right hip and hammy get particularly tight if I don’t stretch out very regularly.

Something else that is worth it’s weight in gold is a good massage therapist. I try to do a bi weekly session, sometimes I even go weekly depending on what is going on.

I had a good Physical therapist when my neck went out 20 yrs ago and the tips she gave me are golden.
Rolled towel, adjusted where needed. Ice packs.
The massage therapist is what I need to find.
My BIL was a bullrider and he just gave me a crash course...lol

At this point, the home remedies will have to do. No Doc coverage. mtmuley
At 72 and dealing with that problem since I was 17( carrying deer whole out of the mountains) I believe I've tried most remedies, it's actually quite simple( for me anyway) throw away your man dacks( undies) n steal a pair from your wife or girlfriend . And no tight fitting jeans either. The beauty of girls panties they don't have tight elastic which pinches the sciatic nerve right in that spot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YakCountry
Back