Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

School zones

Do people in your city also speed through school zones, or is it just a Denver thing?
The flashing lights trigger the fight or flight mechanism and since Denver and surrounding counties are no chase districts speeding away from police officers, forcing them to go over the speed limit, results in a free pass. Hence the speeding through school zones.

It’s just people in general my neighborhood is 25 mph I bet most cars travel thru it at 40+ I’ve literally thrown rocks at cars hoping the guy would turn around and come back. That also makes my wife mad at me but it is what it is

People tent to speed through school zones pretty regularly around here, but they do issue a lot of tickets. Lately I have noticed they are using photo enforcement at some schools.

Do people in your city also speed through school zones, or is it just a Denver thing?

Denver Metro/Front Range has the worst drivers in the country, hands down, and enforcement is lax at best. There's a guy who has a hot Camaro who rips through the school parking lot every day at pickup time, he and I are going to have a conversation soon.

Denver Metro/Front Range has the worst drivers in the country, hands down, and enforcement is lax at best. There's a guy who has a hot Camaro who rips through the school parking lot every day at pickup time, he and I are going to have a conversation soon.
I can't disagree. I've watched people run red lights with cops stopping at said light, no action taken. I think it's been like this since covid

I can't disagree. I've watched people run red lights with cops stopping at said light, no action taken. I think it's been like this since covid
Yep, when you get reprimanded, written up, sued, and fired for doing your job it creates a reverse incentive for people to do their jobs. Pre Covid denver pd would only accept the top 10% of candidates into each training class. Now they cannot fill all the slots in a training class. And those that are in the classes look like the mall cops that could never pass the physicals previously. It’s really a sad state of affairs. The percentages may be slightly off but the gist is true. I worked for the city during that period of time until they fired me for not getting the Covid jab. They had such trouble hiring they did away with the mandate before the first quarter was over. Best thing that ever happened to me. But seeing the inner workings of the city now is terrifying.

It's impossible to speed in a school zone here because they back traffic up an hour before school opens.

It’s just people in general my neighborhood is 25 mph I bet most cars travel thru it at 40+ I’ve literally thrown rocks at cars hoping the guy would turn around and come back. That also makes my wife mad at me but it is what it is
We must be related. They go even fast on my street I see 50+ sometimes, it’s a popular cut through.

In my AZ town there are these horrendous pick up and drop off lines that go around the block. I asked about it and apparently the kids have to stand and wait for their parent’s vehicle to pull up front.

These schools are all within walking distance of the neighborhoods the kids are from.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back