SB339 passes in Senate!!

Tom said:
Look at the facts. Support the wildlife, don't support welfare hunting. Greenhorn taught me to stick up for hunting dollars being spent the right way.

What's the percentage federal land in these states and the percentage tags that get divided up resident and non-resident on that federal land? If its not divided right, then should it be made right?
Tom ,
You need to look at the facts , federal land is NOT DIVIDED AT ALL!!!!
Every citizen in the US has as much right to this land as anyone else does , you can ride your ATV all over BLM land till your thumb bleeds .

The game animals , however , belong to the state , and the state should be allowed to manage them properly . You have some sort of delusion about westerners 'shooting the hell out of everything' , this ain't Texass man , we don't over-harvest anything .
I have been applying for elk , unsuccesfully , in this state for 23 years !!!
If I'm lucky I draw a deer tag every 2-3 years !!! I donate alot of my time , effort and $$$ to the wildlife organizations every year , including the years I DON'T HUNT !!!
If you think it's right for some low-life , plastic-boot wearing , pot-lickin , cow-ridin , sister-luvin , used car salesman like Boy George to take our tags and sell our animals to a bunch of wealthy clients back east so he can get rich without doing jack-shit in return , then call him right now he's probably got a nice 230pt. bull tied to a tree in New Mexico he'll sell you for $10,000 !

FCB is right about the fed land/state animals. You can come hunt and fish on your Federal land in AZ everyday of the year.

WH, only if Taulman paid for his license and bonus points over the last several years he's been in the pool.

Tom, do you apply in Arizona?

AZ, that's really good for bull elk tags. I have been putting in for archery only but am just stuck on a favorite unit with very few tags. Hope to get lucky this year and good luck to all of you in the draw. As for Jose', it doesn't matter where he lives he just likes to jump in and stir up the shit.

Tom,

You may want to learn exactly who CF is before you think they are the answer to the NR hunting issue. Unless you are wealthy and wish to turn hunting into the european model then you should steer clear of CF. They are all about only wealthy hunters having rights. In addition they support the end of all resident hunting rights and hunting only to the highest bidder. They jumped on Boy Georges bandwagon like stink on shit because they don't want to stand in line for a tag.

You can hunt elk and deer in Montana guaranteed as a non resident. All you have to do is buy an outfitter sponsored tag. If you want more opportunity then you should advocate ending guaranteed tags for outfitters. Those tags would then be available to every NR hunter and many more average Joes would get a chance to hunt. If they want to go outfitted then fine let the outfitter earn his business.

Your arguements show a true lack of understanding what is happening. What you advocate will end the future of hunting and result in lost access to all but those of wealth and means.

Nemont

Nemont.

I said somewhere I'm for a discounted youth tag. I'm for welfare hunting, just not for every resident, only the poor ones. Hell, even a poor nonresident, not just the rich ones.

I'm not advocating everything CF is for, I just pointed to a good article there.

It is a little overstated, but the bill does say, congress is to have no say anymore and that is declaring the states are independent of federal laws.

Uhh, Tom---CF is who brought the original lawsuit against Arizona so they just might be in support of USO and Taulman. They originated the Montoya suit using Taulman's wife and the infamous "Griz", the snatch, Montoya. George couldn't be personally involved due to his pending indictment for illegally flying elk to his customers in AZ that resulted from a sting operation. Definitely not a group supporting reasonable and quality hunting for the riff raff on this board.

I think, if this passes, the western states would likely double their local tag, give zero non-resident tags and manage the federal land for themselves. They'd get more tags, they'd still be cheap, and the courts and congress couldn't touch them.

The only thing is, I thought the federal land was supposed to be for everyone, not just the state residents where it is. You turn the eastern residents into elk watchers, who then vote out hunting completely. Roosevelts plan back in 1900 lasted till 2005.

You think that will happen, when and if, this passes? AZ will get more tags for a few years, they'll still be cheap, then federal land hunting will end.

Tom-You are a little paranoid on this issue and I don't understand where you are formulating your opinion. The states have managed tags since they started issuing tags. The bill just reaffirms that this was working before and why would states lock out NR hunters as they did not do it in the past? No logic to your argument. This bill will not instantly reverse the 9th circuit but will confirm prevailing law thus allowing the states to bring suit to clarify and reverse the USO decisions. That will take some time and money. Why would AZ as an example want to get rid of NR tags? They were only 8% before so that is not a big factor. I think you will probably see a better NR setaside than before. I know that AZ G&F has held recent meetings on outlawing the sale of game animal parts and suspect that you will see that happen. That alone will nullify the USO decision and IMO should have been done last year. Relax and think about how hunting has been managed in the past. The sky is not falling.

Tom said:
The bill is to end all nonresident hunting rights, whether in AZ or not. I haven't applied in AZ, but that doesn't mean I won't. Here's a good read on it, The END of nonresident rights.
Tom ,
You need to get 2 big poster boards that say ' the end is near ' hang them around your neck and walk up and down the street , try to save as many koTexas as you can before the great mother ship lands .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back