SB 354 to limit public access up today on Senate floor

Since the Senate has rejected the amendments, and has kept the committee, the bill will go back to conference so they can try again.

What that vote tells me is the bill is not going to pass unless the House & conference amendments are removed. I haven't looked at the vote yet.

Also, while the lobbyist who did get the bill amended in conference is MOGA's contract lobbyist, I have no idea if he was acting in behalf of them, or someone else.
So basically MOGA needs to keep their lobbyist on a shorter leash or they might get assigned blame for something they had nothing to do with.

MOGA’s lobbyist is not exclusive to MOGA.

This. I know them. They're highly professional people w/a solid track record of being effective contract lobbyists that handle multiple clients each session. If their client says it's not them, that's good enough for me. Let's get back to worrying about what the conference committee will do.

This. I know them. They're highly professional people w/a solid track record of being effective contract lobbyists that handle multiple clients each session. If their client says it's not them, that's good enough for me. Let's get back to worrying about what the conference committee will do.
Sure, highly professional, but I don't want my daughter marrying one. Maybe next session we just push for legislation where we can vote for the lobbyist instead of the Legislators.

If Eric's umbers are right, $350 in dues x 220 outfitters is only a budget of $77,000. Have to admire that MOGA punches above its weight class.

Sure, highly professional, but I don't want my daughter marrying one. Maybe next session we just push for legislation where we can vote for the lobbyist instead of the Legislators.

If Eric's umbers are right, $350 in dues x 220 outfitters is only a budget of $77,000. Have to admire that MOGA punches above its weight class.

Hey now, lots of good, ethical people lobby for a wide variety of groups & industries.

It's gotta be like 4% by now.

I received a call from my house rep saying this came out of committee on a 6-0 vote. Any updates from you guys?

I received a call from my house rep saying this came out of committee on a 6-0 vote. Any updates from you guys?

MTBHA reported out that it was amended back to its original, non-controversial form. Amendments from the House & first conf. committee were stripped out entirely.

MTBHA reported out that it was amended back to its original, non-controversial form. Amendments from the House & first conf. committee were stripped out entirely.
Thank you, that's what my rep said, just wanted confirmation as she wasn't well versed in the subject and I didn't see an update on the bill they have online.

So what’s the next step? I see they voted on the fc report and I think it was 97-3.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back