Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SB 298 - Crossbow bill rears its ugly head

Honestly buzz if it wasn’t for the people that take advantage of the system it wouldn’t be an issue I feel for most of us. But it’s the lazy factor if someone was in a bad enough way such as missing a limb it wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit but that won’t be what this is.
Exactly. Ask yourself
1) will this result in more people taking the field?
2) will this result in more dead critters?

If the answer is yes to any of those, that’s the wrong direction for Montanas general season structure.

I would get rid of compound bows but that’s not currently what we are considering @BuzzH

Exactly. Ask yourself
1) will this result in more people taking the field?
2) will this result in more dead critters?

If the answer is yes to any of those, that’s the wrong direction for Montanas general season structure.

I would get rid of compound bows but that’s not currently what we are considering @BuzzH
Crossbows aren't your problem...not even worth talking about.

Probably similar to how those that started the archery seasons felt when compounds hit the scene and were shoved down their throats.

Actually I know that's how they felt, lazy way out: the compound bow.
Sign me up for legislation to get rid of compound bows. We don’t need to take it further than it’s already gone.

You're trying to treat a broken back with an aspirin...

I'm still convinced the sooner rock bottom is hit the sooner change will happen. I'm all for doing what it takes to get there in Montana.
Fair enough. I guess I just don’t think the burn it down method is going to turn out like we all hope. However we aren’t far from me caring anymore. It’s that bad

Fair enough. I guess I just don’t think the burn it down method is going to turn out like we all hope. However we aren’t far from me caring anymore. It’s that bad
How ridiculous. Wyoming has better elk hunting than most and crossbows in archery haven't made any difference. You kill in archery, you're done. If not you grab a rifle and hunt. How does that change anything?

How ridiculous. Wyoming has better elk hunting than most and crossbows in archery haven't made any difference. You kill in archery, you're done. If not you grab a rifle and hunt. How does that change anything?
You guys also keep everyone out for 4-5 years at a time Montana lets everybody hunt here almost annually

I don’t think I should have to point out the obvious to someone like you. Montana and Wyomings systems are apples to oranges. I would gladly get behind crossbows if it comes with your entire system and amazing elk hunting.

We don’t need anymore killing than we currently have in this state.

You guys also keep everyone out for 4-5 years at a time Montana lets everybody hunt here almost annually
That's not correct. Wyoming has both general and LQ areas. Same numbers of hunters every year unless quotas are raised or more residents buy general. We are not a "choose your weapon state. The tag is good for both seasons, except 5 areas that are type 1 or 9 with no carryover.

It's a foolish statement to say more animals are killed because of crossbows in special archery season. It's just not true.

That's not correct. Wyoming has both general and LQ areas. Same numbers of hunters every year unless quotas are raised or more residents buy general. We are not a "choose your weapon state. The tag is good for both seasons, except 5 areas that are type 1 or 9 with no carryover.

It's a foolish statement to say more animals are killed because of crossbows in special archery season. It's just not true.
In Montana it will be true. You will have even more hunters in the field during archery than you otherwise would have. As to the efficacy of the weapons…meh…close enough

I don’t think I should have to point out the obvious to someone like you. Montana and Wyomings systems are apples to oranges. I would gladly get behind crossbows if it comes with your entire system and amazing elk hunting.

We don’t need anymore killing than we currently have in this state.
Even in Montana, if a hunter kills an elk in archery, they are done. If not, they can grab a rifle later, correct? Same as Wyoming. Your argument is wrong.

Even in Montana, if a hunter kills an elk in archery, they are done. If not, they can grab a rifle later, correct? Same as Wyoming. Your argument is wrong.
That is interesting logic but incorrect logic. More hunter effort(opportunity) means more critters dead.

Your general season this year will be what 4.5 points for a non resident to draw we let about anyone in this state every year especially if they have a guide

Your general season this year will be what 4.5 points for a non resident to draw we let about anyone in this state every year especially if they have a guide
Again, the crossbow isn’t the problem.

So you guys don’t think increasing hunter days(opportunity) equals more dead critters or more pressure on the resource? To me that’s such a simple linear logic

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back