SB 298 - Crossbow bill rears its ugly head

Because it's all they can conger up. 40 years of crossbows in WY shows they're currently a non issue for western hunting.
Montana ain’t Wyoming. You guys miss the point. After 60 years of more opportunities for everyone, this state doesn’t need anymore for anyone. We need less. No reason to support loosening any restrictions on any seasons.

Molnar can go use his crossbow in Wyoming

Again, the crossbow isn’t the problem.
If you buzz or jm77 have the solution to make Montana mange wildlife I’m all ears I want that. Until then, don’t add on to the free for all. Rock bottom sounds nice but I’m not sure Montana will ever reach it, Washington has us beat. Wyoming can keep its crossbows we don’t want them here.

How ridiculous. Wyoming has better elk hunting than most and crossbows in archery haven't made any difference. You kill in archery, you're done. If not you grab a rifle and hunt. How does that change anything?
Because it's all they can conger up. 40 years of crossbows in WY shows they're currently a non issue for western hunting.

Wyoming also has hunting regulations.

I do agree though that crossbows aren’t the problem, Montanas season structure is.
I think all bull elk hunting should be on a draw.
Then it matters much less if there’s crossbows allowed for “disabled” people with sprained pinkies and sore necks that somehow can still work a manual labor job and backpack into the backcountry.

Montana ain’t Wyoming.
No shit.

There are bigger underlying issues.

HB42
5 week archery season
5 week rifle season
No effective way to manage hunter distribution

You can expend every bit of energy on your souls to defeat the evil crossbow bill and it won’t make two shits of difference down the road.

If you buzz or jm77 have the solution to make Montana mange wildlife I’m all ears I want that. Until then, don’t add on to the free for all. Rock bottom sounds nice but I’m not sure Montana will ever reach it, Washington has us beat. Wyoming can keep its crossbows we don’t want them here.
Trying to help the blind see…

Good luck.

Trying to help the blind see…

Good luck.
You obviously can’t see that good and have missed the death by a thousand cuts. This is just another step. We all know this isn’t the biggest issue!!! It’s just another step in the wrong direction. If you take enough steps…well you see right😂

Funny how all in favor are otcs and Wyoming hunters.

No shit.

There are bigger underlying issues.

HB42
5 week archery season
5 week rifle season
No effective way to manage hunter distribution

You can expend every bit of energy on your souls to defeat the evil crossbow bill and it won’t make two shits of difference down the road.
I agree. What was this thread about?

You obviously can’t see that good and have missed the death by a thousand cuts. This is just another step. We all know this isn’t the biggest issue!!! It’s just another step in the wrong direction. If you take enough steps…well you see right😂

Funny how all in favor are otcs and Wyoming hunters.
I can see just fine Roger. Well enough to see the resident hunters bitch and whine for years asking for season extensions and more opportunities. Even during the good old days of elk hunting, it was still never enough. We need a season extension. We need to kill bulls. We need more opportunities.

Now, because of the endless push for opportunities the elk hunting sucks. But for some reason, folks think crossbows are what will push it over the brink. Guess what, it was there years ago.

So, you can continue to focus on this, believing your death by 1000 cuts ideology all while the femoral artery pumps out the last of your blood.

Carry on.

I can see just fine Roger. Well enough to see the resident hunters bitch and whine for years asking for season extensions and more opportunities. Even on the good old days of elk hunting, it was still never enough.

Now, because of the endless push for opportunities the elk hunting sucks. But for some reason, folks think crossbows are what will push it over the brink. Guess what, it was there years ago.

So, you can continue to focus on this, believing your death by 1000 cuts ideology all while the femoral artery pumps out the last of your blood.

Carry on.
Cool narrative playing in your head. But you’re not talking to that type of resident hunter right now nor generally on this site. This thread is about crossbows. We can debate the fall of montana hunting somewhere else. We are going to agree on 99% of stuff. Bottom line for me is that if a bill makes hunting easier, increases success, increases hunters in the field, increases pressure on the resource we hunters have to oppose it. That’s why I oppose this bill. If it was getting rid of compound bows I would support it. If I don’t think this is the biggest issue I should support this bill or not care? Not sure what you’re trying to say here. I’m not going to spend a ton of time on this one besides sending a quick email to my legislator saying I oppose it. Should I not do this?

It’s not a narrative. It was years of direct observation.

I told you above what I’d do. I’d ask Molnar to make a deal. Find something substantive he can do that will improve elk hunting.

Carry on. Custer had conviction as well.

• Haha
Reactions: DFS
A little more effective? I can have and have had a 10 year old shooting to 80yards in 1/2 a day at most. That simply can’t be done with a traditional bow. Not to mention the act of drawing and the movement and the hold. Yes newer bows have huge let off, but that does not mean we should allow them either…

Good for them, glad they were able to get out and have a shot at success!

Anyways I got up this morning to start HAMMERING on my workout and took to much mtn ops and found myself in a sticky situation and think I hurt my shoulder cleaning it up. Going to the doctor today to get my note. I text my hunting partner and after his team lost last night he got a little tuned up and took a big non typical home. He ask so hurt his shoulder so wants to get his note to. Think we are gonna order a couple of these and use them

Attachments

• 731EC9E8-E2D7-4216-80BE-A3CAFA352317.jpeg
    731EC9E8-E2D7-4216-80BE-A3CAFA352317.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 31
Honestly buzz if it wasn’t for the people that take advantage of the system it wouldn’t be an issue I feel for most of us. But it’s the lazy factor if someone was in a bad enough way such as missing a limb it wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit but that won’t be what this is.
When you go to the store do you judge the people parked in the handicapped spots too?

Why does somebody have to be missing a limb to justify the permit their doctor approved for them?

Lots of significant injuries don’t require an outward change of appearance. If the DR approved signing the form who are we to judge it?

When you go to the store do you judge the people parked in the handicapped spots too?

Why does somebody have to be missing a limb to justify the permit their doctor approved for them?

Lots of significant injuries don’t require an outward change of appearance. If the DR approved signing the form who are we to judge it?
Ya sometimes I do depends on the size of the truck. For the few people something like this would make the difference for I do feel bad but it’s not worth opening the flood gates for the miss use of the program and we do offer a draw lock which the guy pushing this has bought for him by a organization I choose to give money to.

Last edited:

I’m with you except doctors hand out notes like trick or treat candy on Halloween. Montana already allows a draw assist system on a compound bow for folks that need it. Why isn’t this good enough?

I’m with you except doctors hand out notes like trick or treat candy on Halloween. Montana already allows a draw assist system on a compound bow for folks that need it. Why isn’t this good enough?
Not saying it isn’t, I am unfamiliar with it. My big hang up on these threads is the “I’m better than you” because I shoot a fill in the blank type of archery sentiment.

Now it would seem that it also has devolved into your not broken enough until I decide your are.

Both of these mentalities are conducive to split voices and bad legislation.

Not saying it isn’t, I am unfamiliar with it. My big hang up on these threads is the “I’m better than you” because I shoot a fill in the blank type of archery sentiment.

Now it would seem that it also has devolved into your not broken enough until I decide your are.

Both of these mentalities are conducive to split voices and bad legislation.
How about “if we can’t stop cheating we shouldn’t give them a way to cheat”. That seems more appropriate

Back