Saw Spidey today

Lawnboy

I took the boys to town to see the famous spider bull. They thought it was crazy and weird. Met Doyle who seemed nice enough. Not sure what the draw to come to Bozeman was. There weren't that many people there. The bull is obviously big but those of you who have seen it what's your take? I thought it looked like a 360 bull with lots of trash. I've heard others say that they would take a typical 390+ bull over this one. I think I might of as well. Was fun to say you saw the world record though.

I only was able to get 2 picts. Come to think of it. I'd shoot that bull in heart beat. Must of been smoking crack a few minutes ago.:D

Attachments

• spidey.jpg
    spidey.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 301
  • spideyalone.jpg
    spideyalone.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 301
You know, just being honest on this one......................I just really don't have the respect for this kill. He is a great bull no doubt but that bugger didn't stand a chance with the amount of people he had looking for him. It would have just been so awesome if some other regular Joe who got lucky and drew the permit shot him rather than someone willing to put down whatever money is would cost to kill the bull...................sorry, lots of respect for the bull but absolutely zero for the "hunt" or shoot if you will.........Not that i will ever be choosing between a bull like this and a 390 typical, but i too would rather have the typical.........

It was much more impressive at the SLC hunt expo with the fake spider webs draped over it...and seeing that bull without the big fake spider on the front of athe pedestal...just isnt the same. No spotlights and no revolving platform???

You were ripped off.

The one thing I thought was a bit cheesy was when Doyle handed out Spider tattos to the kids. Just seems a bit commercialized instead of being about the animal itself.

Buzz If I walked around it, it seemed like it was rotating:D that's all I got.

The bull is obviously big but those of you who have seen it what's your take?

I saw it in SLC and bought one of the T-shirts. This shirt has Spidey on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 15 dollars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened.

After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the Spidey on my shirt that I, like a elk, am a mysterious loner who knows how to bugle at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called meth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a Spidey-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my Spidey would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the elk on my shirt, I told her I wanted to bugel at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you Spidey shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has Spidey on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 1 image of Spidey (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see Spidey when sitting with arms crossed, Spidey would have been better if he glowed in the dark.

In the most recent issue of Trophy Hunter, they have the exclusive story of Austads bull with some pics. I have seen the 505"(typical) San Carlos bull many times, and I find it much more impressive. The mains seem to make all the difference. Spidey has no length in that regard as far as I can tell from all the pics I have seen. The story written by Denny also clears up some of the speculation on this hunt. Also included in the issue is a letter written by Eldon Buckner, V.P. of records dept for B&C. He details his investigation into the submission of this bull into the books. Very detailed and very enlightening. But, I will say, it would have been nice to see him harvested on a DIY hunt. At least he wasn't a steroid infested bull like the previously mentioned San Carlos bull.

Definitely a freakish bull, that's for sure!

Sturge- Did Mr. Austad state how much the whole shebang cost? I've heard from two relatively good sources that the total price tag ran up well over $500K.

I don't get it. I mean I know he paid alot of $$$ for the chance to hunt this bull, but it is my understanding the bull was on public property, right? And alot of hunters were after him, right? Do we bash all the guided hunters here who are successfull? No.. It would have been a great story if it was a D.I.Y. hunt but it wasn't. Did the guy really work for this bull? I don't know, mabey. There would still be jealousy if Joe the hunter shot the bull. This guy just stacked the deck in his favor, he didn't cheat. He used every option at his disposal for the "chance" at that bull.

As far as cost, if I remember correctly the tag cost 160k. So for it to cost 500k, that would mean the Doyle clan would have charged 340k. Seems very excessive to me and I doubt even Saudi billionaire would pay that. As far as the hunt goes, according to the story I read, they started on Sept 1, hunted until the 12th with no success and Denny fell ill with carbon monoxide poisoning. They located the bull later in the month and they went back out and harvested him on the 30th.

Elkfarmer,

What dont you get?

Seeing that bull in SLC...what a joke. Its really too bad to see a one-in-a-million type of animal with cobwebs all over it being twirled around with spotlights on it.

Still a great bull and impressive...just not very dignified the way its being commercialized.

I have nothing against DA either...with the exception that he's allowing this crap to happen with the bull. As the hunter and owner of the bull, he could stop it if he chose to. I think there are better ways to share the animal with the public.

I think Mr Austad would have stopped it but... he was Busy Signing Autographs when we saw him.

I have seen the 505"(typical) San Carlos bull many times

Sturge, that SC Rez bull that Shipsey took was a non-typ, impressive bull none-the-less.

shipseybull.jpg

That bull is just a slug. Everytime I see the Shipsey bull it looks bigger.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back