Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Satellite phone where to rent

I guess you would need to google that info together with your desired destination.
When I went to NZ this past June I rented a mountain radio and found the rental place online.
Recently I was researching a float hunt on the Yukon River and googled sat phones in Fairbanks and I found some.

We rented one for a trip back in 2013. Dont remember the site just an online rental. It was easy, they fedex it to you and provide return packaging....I think we dropped it off at a FedEx in CO on the way back. I want to say it ran us about $200 to $250 back then for the week. It was convenient to be able to talk w folks back home of that's what you are looking for.

This year we are not going that route, instead got an inreach off a clearance rack for less than they sell on ebay. The annual activation fee plus 30 day service fee totals $40. After the trip could resell the unit on ebay pretty easily I expect, or keep it for future trips.

If all you need is ability to contact authorities in emergency and/or send a text a day to say all is good then you might want to look into the inreach options.

We rent from Verizon. Cost is about $10 a day. Airtime is additional but we usually buy a 200 minute bundle. There are 5 of us that hunt together and that is usually twice as much as we use.

I’ve rented from Explorer Satellite out of Ft Lauderdale, FL a bunch of times. They rent a couple different phones but I’ve only used their Iridium models. Pretty smooth process

I just rented one from blue cosmos for upcoming trip. $10 a day plus your minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back