PEAX Equipment

Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always curious about this argument. Americans and other countries have always gone after the tool. England removed CO from the nat gas supply because people found it clear and convenient way to commit suicide. It much simpler to take aim at the tool I guess. The argument is like saying Americans love to get high so we shouldn’t make having fentanyl without a prescription illegal. After all, these are people that need mental health care too.

The 2A certainly makes correcting the issue harder. None of us knows what the founding fathers thought then or would think now, and we have to admit it doesn’t matter. We need to decide how to address the issue in this century, not the 1700’s.
It’s complicated that’s for sure. What’s interesting is that like in Oregon, the state is arguing more and more stringent restrictions on certain firearms and magazines (capacity) need to be considered in the context of what was available or “in common use” in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Also complicated or awkward too, in part because there are different reasons for different people or groups to want to own firearms.

Finally, firearm ownership has increased over the past few years, and not just due to hard core 2A dudes who sprinkle gunpowder on their wheaties and do curls with M1As.

Is Trump the only one to actually ban firearms via Executive Action? I know nobody has done it since Reagan (Clinton's gun ban was a legislative bill), but I don't know if a President before Trump banned guns via Executive Action, or if Trump's the only one to do that.
Isn't Bidens ATF bannig arm braces making 10 million or so folks overnight felons?

I am always curious about this argument. Americans and other countries have always gone after the tool. England removed CO from the nat gas supply because people found it clear and convenient way to commit suicide. It much simpler to take aim at the tool I guess. The argument is like saying Americans love to get high so we shouldn’t make having fentanyl without a prescription illegal. After all, these are people that need mental health care too.

The 2A certainly makes correcting the issue harder. None of us knows what the founding fathers thought then or would think now, and we have to admit it doesn’t matter. We need to decide how to address the issue in this century, not the 1700’s.
The 2a just like any other ammendment can be canceled out, that's what the constitution allows for.

Pelosi nephew floated the 28th ammendment to do so.

The dirty little not so secret is it won't pass, rge left knows it.

The 2a just like any other ammendment can be canceled out, that's what the constitution allows for.

Pelosi nephew floated the 28th ammendment to do so.

The dirty little not so secret is it won't pass, rge left knows it.

I'd put money down that we will never see another constitutional amendment in my lifetime.

Kids should stop eating crayons.
Wasn't it a few years ago kids on social media were doing the Tide Pod Challenge -- eating detergent pods? C'mon kids, what is that. Way worse than Elmer's glue back in the day (black or blue label).

Do you remember your High School Civics class and exactly what it takes to "cancel" a Constitutional Amendment?
Yup I do. 2/3 and 2/3.

Its almost as if it was set up to be difficult so we don't structurally change the country based off media narratives and pearl clutching.

You can read the data yourself on the use of "assault" rifles in gun deaths, then compare it to the narrative being spun from the likes of the Busse types, who know better, but get paid to ignore it.

Do you remember from civics where the constitution mentions the ATF or the FBI? Yet fir some reason both are used to backdoor restrictions. Almost as if some folks don't actually care about "our democracy" and favor a top down bureaucratic state.

Yup I do. 2/3 and 2/3.

Its almost as if it was set up to be difficult so we don't structurally change the country based off media narratives and pearl clutching.

You can read the data yourself on the use of "assault" rifles in gun deaths, then compare it to the narrative being spun from the likes of the Busse types, who know better, but get paid to ignore it.

Do you remember from civics where the constitution mentions the ATF or the FBI? Yet fir some reason both are used to backdoor restrictions. Almost as if some folks don't actually care about "our democracy" and favor a top down bureaucratic state.

No, you don't. It takes 2/3 in the house, 2/3 in the Senate and 3/4 of the state legislatures.

Yes, it is hard.

There are many facets to government that aren't specifically mentioned in the Constitution. They aren't implemented as a design to get around the Constitution. And if there is a dispute, the courts sort it out. The courts make their share of mistakes, and we either live with it, of try to rectify it.

There is no end in the arc of politics. The problems will never be solved to everyone's satisfaction.

I admit to not having read all this, but he hasn't showed up yet on a primarily MT hunting site, with dozens of pages and hundreds of comments about him.. why is that?

The Irony.

but he hasn't showed up yet

After reading the thread title, first post and the next few pages- would you? This is not what I would call coherent- certainly not HT’s finest hour here…why even get involved in that?

Randy’s post kind of cleared up whatever misinformation the original premise was founded upon, the rest is kind of a dumpster fire.

Busse seems like a bit of an opportunist, perhaps- but it’s hard to point out which particular viewpoints of his are wrong in my opinion.

I admit to not having read all this, but he hasn't showed up yet on a primarily MT hunting site, with dozens of pages and hundreds of comments about him.. why is that?

The Irony.
we wouldn't want to scratch the enamel or add a dent or a spot to peck. Need to keep opinions inline with the master who pays the coin.

"Coward" is an interesting word choice in the title of this thread. It takes some serious bravery to walk away from being a nominee for Shooting Industry Person of the Year and an executive in a successful gun company, and have to face angry gun people, many of them probably once-good friends, (most of whom refuse to read the book, but boy do they have opinions about it!) for the rest of your life.

By all means, call him whatever names you want, don't read the book, repeat the same tired arguments, attack any gun owner who thinks slightly differently than you, and carry on.

But a coward? I don't think so.

News flash, there is more than one desirable country to live in. There better be or our immigration pressure will only get worse.

I've spent enough time in Canada to know that if that's where I was born, it would be a pretty good country for a person who loves the outdoors as much as I do. I think I could adjust to Norway, Sweden, Finland, New Zealand, yada, yada. If there is some semi wild or wild land left to wander around in and a first world economy, it is a pretty decent circumstance from my point of view.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. The police are caught in a very tough position. In these school shootings, the only thing they know for certain when first arriving is that the shooter has at least one AR type weapon. They don't know where he is exactly, if he is wearing a bullet proof vest, yada, yada.

One reason there are so many police involved shootings is that a LEO has to assume that everyone they interact with is armed. That can't be a great place to be from a mental health aspect. I can't come up with a very long list of occupations that are more challenging, when you take everything into consideration.
Listen, I’m not gonna get all fired up and make a bunch of personal attacks against a tall young democrat from Colorado for going to ski camp when he was 14 years old, but I would like to let it be known that I don’t really believe cops are “just pigs”.
I too believe they have one of the most difficult and under appreciated jobs in our society.
In the context of our discussion and I reference to Uvalde, I don’t know if I really expect anyone to blindly run into gunfire, regardless of the weapon being used.
I guess maybe charging just has to be protocol in a mass shooting 🤷‍♂️
But what if theirs hostages 🤷‍♂️
Shooting into a crowd of students 😬

Not really trying to discuss these things, but not all cops are bad mmkay.

Listen, I’m not gonna get all fired up and make a bunch of personal attacks against a tall young democrat from Colorado for going to ski camp when he was 14 years old, but I would like to let it be known that I don’t really believe cops are “just pigs”.
I too believe they have one of the most difficult and under appreciated jobs in our society.
In the context of our discussion and I reference to Uvalde, I don’t know if I really expect anyone to blindly run into gunfire, regardless of the weapon being used.
I guess maybe charging just has to be protocol in a mass shooting 🤷‍♂️
But what if theirs hostages 🤷‍♂️
Shooting into a crowd of students 😬

Not really trying to discuss these things, but not all cops are bad mmkay.
Basically, if we didn’t have uncle bob, we wouldn’t have weezy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back