Yeti GOBOX Collection

Russian Boar in Wisconsin?

jackfish

What would be involved in introducing Russian Boar to Wisconsin? They live in New Hampshire so why not here? We have large tracts of public land for releases. The elk reintroduction is working. Is there a national group I could contact that could give me information or help? I know the DNR is probably not interested because I don't think wild pigs have the history in Wisconsin that they have in the Appalachians.
I know there are occasional feral pigs, but they don't last long as they are real destructive to farm fields. Any ideas?

In Texas, we are restricted from taking live hogs accross county lines and releasing them without special tests and permits. Its to prevent spread of diseases. Even when we do it to get a population going on a hunting lease, like you say, many farmers organize to get rid of them as soon as possible because they are distructive.

Some people here trap them live and sell them. There's probably more laws about it when you want to go accross a state line if you need to do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back