Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ruger American Wolf, 308

Gunner46

I finally had a chance to get out to the range and give this new rifle a try. This was not an attempt to test accuracy, because I wanted to run my 7mm/08 across the Crony for my upcoming hunt and make a decision on the load I was going to use. I ran some leftover hand loads, from my Rem 600, over the Crony just to see what I'd get while I was at it. So, this is going to be an initial Functional review.

Here goes:

~ Recoil was a lot less than I expected from a scoped 7.25# rifle. Very manageable.
~ No feeding, nor extraction problems. The magazine slips in/out very easily and without much fiddling around. A good plus for in the field.
~ The trigger broke just about where I would expect it to, given the pressure I was putting on it. Maybe 3#'s, or so ?
~ The tang safety clicked solidly, with not too much noise.
~ Velocities from some Mil surplus, Win. Factory, and my hand loads all pretty much matched published specs ! That's a new one for me. When you get a rifle with a 22" tube that delivers published velocities from a 24" test rifle, it's saying something.

All in all, I'm impressed, so far. I'll be doing my final sight in, with the 7mm/08, for my hunt in a week or so and I'll test the targets with this one as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmokinHunter
Back