Roosevelt sturgeon

HUNTNNW

Never thought I'd see a opener on lake Roosevelt in my lifetime . Been closed for around 30 years. We have been taking advantage of it! What a fun fish to catch. The meat is unbelievable .. Many said it was better than halibut and I have to agree it's awesome .

I added photos to this post and they don't show on computer, but show up just fine on my phone?

That is awesome! I've snagged a couple of super small ones, but would love to actually target them sometime. Well done!

That's awesome. They are one of my favorite fish to catch

Cool! We just had a short retention season on Lower Columbia. I only got out once and caught a 37", 43" and 57". Unfortunately our slot limit was 44" to 50". I haven't eaten a piece of sturgeon since 2013 and it really sucks!

Nice! I do an annual trip for Sturgeon out of Astoria every year. It's fun to land the big ones but it would sure be nice to be able to keep one again.

I was salmon fishing in SW MI sitting under a bridge casting down into a hole on the end back in the early 90s. You could see the salmon against the sand bottom when they would leave and head upstream. A very large weird shape came up on the sand bar and just stayed next to one of the pylons. I had no idea what the heck it was until years later when I learned about Sturgeon. I have fished that spot a lot and never seen another one, nor has anyone that I have talked to. These are normally only found in lakes in Northern MI or in creeks that they spawn in after they leave the big lake. It was a neat experience now that I know what I saw, probably a once in a lifetime experience.

Cool pics, maybe someday I can be fortunate enough to catch one.

Nice! I do an annual trip for Sturgeon out of Astoria every year. It's fun to land the big ones but it would sure be nice to be able to keep one again.

They opened it back up for a short time a few weeks ago

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back