RMHC

ammo

From my email:

Corey Jacobsen/Elk101.com:
are no longer affiliated with
"Rocky Mountain Hunting Calls"

I have been receiving several emails and messages lately regarding elk calls, specifically my Elk101-branded signature line of elk calls, and I wanted to let you know that I am no longer involved with or affiliated with Rocky Mountain Hunting Calls (RMHC) in any way. In fact, there are (unfortunately) multiple lawsuits currently ongoing between myself and RMHC regarding my decision to leave.

My parents - who started and ran RMHC for 25+ years - sold the business a few years ago, and the new ownership recently began moving in a direction that didn't align with my personal vision or the standards of my business. So, at the end of 2022, I made the decision to terminate my relationship with RMHC and to no longer license my name, image and likeness or the Elk101 brand to them.

As of January 1, RMHC was no longer authorized to sell products bearing my name or the Elk101 brand. But, instead of separating amicably as I tried multiple times to do, RMHC chose instead to embroil me in an expensive lawsuit. They have even gone as far as to apply for the federal trademark rights to the Elk101 name and logo!

To make matters worse, they continue to promote, sell and benefit from my name and the Elk101 brand without permission and against my demands to cease, which left me with no option but to sue RMHC for federal trademark infringement.

I am not currently putting my name on a new line of elk calls, nor am I currently working with another call manufacturer, but you can be certain that I fully intend to be closely involved in providing quality elk call products again in the near future. I'll be sending out another email in the near future with a list of calls that I have been testing out and using, quality calls that I feel will be comparable alternatives to calls I have used in the past.

Being involved in lawsuits regarding Elk101 is the last thing I ever envisioned having to deal with, especially against a company that my parents started and ran for nearly 3 decades. But I've spent the past 15 years building a reputation of honesty and integrity in the hunting industry, and continually pushing to achieve the highest level of quality possible for myself and for my business, and unfortunately, I had no choice but to stand up and defend that reputation.

I greatly appreciate your past support, and look forward to getting all of this behind me in the near future, and returning to providing quality elk calls for elk hunters.

Sincerely,​
Corey Jacobsen, Elk101.com​

I hope Corey sends a list of alternatives soon! I have a go-to for the diaphragm calls that I buy a few of every year.

I hope Corey sends a list of alternatives soon! I have a go-to for the diaphragm calls that I buy a few of every year.
Which ones? Likely someone has a suggestion for an alternative.

I used to like that orange Elk 101 call for bugling, but have switched to a Phelps Maverick because the latex lasted longer, I got better tone and volume, and was easier to control. I also gave up on those green ones, which were my favorite for cow calling, because the awful taste.

Which ones? Likely someone has a suggestion for an alternative.

I used to like that orange Elk 101 call for bugling, but have switched to a Phelps Maverick because the latex lasted longer, I got better tone and volume, and was easier to control. I also gave up on those green ones, which were my favorite for cow calling, because the awful taste.

I use orange with the metal top part.
Really any of the oranges have worked well. Husband uses reds and I sound like a dying seagull when I have tried his.

Does everyone use phelps now, jeez. I thought I was the cool guy using them before they hit meat eater. I really like the green and black. Both way too wide for my mouth so mass scissor job to fit em tight

I like the red primos, does everything well and it’s cheap.

Give that red Phelps a go. I think you’ll like it. The tape band is a little wide for me, but nothing a pair of scissors can’t fix.

I find the pink phelps behaves similarly. I can't get as much volume or as high a pitch for bugles, but they're not bad. Cow calling with the pink is much easier for me vs the red though. I usually carry both.

When I saw Corey’s post first thing I did was round up all the unopened brown and yellows I have. 11 yellow and 9 brown, should be good for a season or two.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back