RMEF MTN FEST - BIG SKY

I was on a trip in the Spanish Peaks last summer and wanted to barf when I came over a ridge and could see Big Sky from inside of a Wilderness area…

…but, I’ll play devil’s advocate for a second for the sake of it. I’m guessing the big money donors that RMEF wants to attract are going to be more comfortable have their needs catered to in the environs of some mountain playground for the wealthy than they would be at say, the Gallatin County Fairgrounds.

I was on a trip in the Spanish Peaks last summer and wanted to barf when I came over a ridge and could see Big Sky from inside of a Wilderness area…

…but, I’ll play devil’s advocate for a second for the sake of it. I’m guessing the big money donors that RMEF wants to attract are going to be more comfortable have their needs catered to in the environs of some mountain playground for the wealthy than they would be at say, the Gallatin County Fairgrounds.
True. We must stay true to our mission and roots though. I don’t want to experience our boundaries being stepped over just to get more money. RMEF was built on volume, the volume of regular joes becoming members and donating what they can. It wasn’t built on the backs of a few billionaires that want land owner preferences put in place.

True. We must stay true to our mission and roots though. I don’t want to experience our boundaries being stepped over just to get more money. RMEF was built on volume, the volume of regular joes becoming members and donating what they can. It wasn’t built on the backs of a few billionaires that want land owner preferences put in place.
Good take. One advantage Park City is the large number of people who participate Total Archery can be exposed to RMEF.

No idea about the move, but I see I will be there during this, might have to stop by and say hi to Randy !

There is a Total Archery challenge in Big Sky as well so this argument doesn’t hold water.
Love Big Sky but it's not easy to get to, and Total Archery in Park City attracted drive up locals who shot for one day.

Location, location, location! Same reason Outdoor Retailer moved back to Utah from Denver. Events in Utah have strong attendance!

Love Big Sky but it's not easy to get to, and Total Archery in Park City attracted drive up locals who shot for one day.

Location, location, location! Same reason Outdoor Retailer moved back to Utah from Denver. Events in Utah have strong attendance!
Big Sky is easy to get to for the MT residents who live nearby. It’s interesting how you act like there won’t be MT locals who drive to shoot the Total Archery challenge in Big Sky. They wouldn’t hold the event if they didn’t get sufficient participation. Your points are obviously biased because you don’t want to travel. It’s fine that you don’t want to drive to MT, but it’s disingenuous to say the event won’t draw a crowd.

Big Sky is easy to get to for the MT residents who live nearby. It’s interesting how you act like there won’t be MT locals who drive to shoot the Total Archery challenge in Big Sky. They wouldn’t hold the event if they didn’t get sufficient participation. Your points are obviously biased because you don’t want to travel. It’s fine that you don’t want to drive to MT, but it’s disingenuous to say the event won’t draw a crowd.
He's a career events profiteer for large tard gatherings near the Temple.

I would ask anyone wondering "Why" to ask RMEF about the change. I did.

Cost to attendees is the biggest reason of changing to a different TAC companion event. Park City is an amazing resort, in many respects, if "resorts" are your thing. The term "amazing" also applies to Park City's cost and to their ability to keep everyone in the resort areas. There just isn't a lot to do other than "resort" activities.

RMEF wanted to keep it with a TAC event, so that doesn't leave may options. TAC calendar/events here - https://totalarcherychallenge.com/

RMEF wanted a lower cost venue, as this Mountain Fest is a rank and file, volunteer, and member event. Big Sky, even with its surrounding Yellowstone Club and Moonlight Basin, is a lower cost locale than Park City, both to attendees and to RMEF.

Those members surveyed stated they would like options that did not require expensive hotels, such as campgrounds, etc. They also wanted to have activities outside the "resort" perimeter, something much more accessible at Big Sky and the surrounding area than can be found at Park City.

So, it makes sense to RMEF. It makes sense to the many attendees who don't want a $400+ hotel with $40 lunches. It makes sense to have it at a TAC events, as many of the Mountain Fest attendees like to shoot the courses and many TAC attendees are hunters who like what RMEF's event brings to a TAC event.

Like every new venue, I am sure there will be some hiccups. Always are. But, it will be a lower cost to attendees and give them many other off-resort activities to look into.

As someone who has attended the TAC events in Park City for years and the same in Big Sky, I think it will be a favored change by the average RMEF member who makes up the overwhelming majority of attendees at RMEF Mountain Fest. This is not a high-dollar fund raising event for RMEF. This is an opportunity for their members and volunteers to come together and have a good time.

I look foward to it. I'll be with our local committee at the RMEF booth most days. Like all years at Big Sky, I'll be giving away 500 Dilly bars to the first kids who show up.

I would ask anyone wondering "Why" to ask RMEF about the change. I did.

Cost to attendees is the biggest reason of changing to a different TAC companion event. Park City is an amazing resort, in many respects, if "resorts" are your thing. The term "amazing" also applies to Park City's cost and to their ability to keep everyone in the resort areas. There just isn't a lot to do other than "resort" activities.

RMEF wanted to keep it with a TAC event, so that doesn't leave may options. TAC calendar/events here - https://totalarcherychallenge.com/

RMEF wanted a lower cost venue, as this Mountain Fest is a rank and file, volunteer, and member event. Big Sky, even with its surrounding Yellowstone Club and Moonlight Basin, is a lower cost locale than Park City, both to attendees and to RMEF.

Those members surveyed stated they would like options that did not require expensive hotels, such as campgrounds, etc. They also wanted to have activities outside the "resort" perimeter, something much more accessible at Big Sky and the surrounding area than can be found at Park City.

So, it makes sense to RMEF. It makes sense to the many attendees who don't want a $400+ hotel with $40 lunches. It makes sense to have it at a TAC events, as many of the Mountain Fest attendees like to shoot the courses and many TAC attendees are hunters who like what RMEF's event brings to a TAC event.

Like every new venue, I am sure there will be some hiccups. Always are. But, it will be a lower cost to attendees and give them many other off-resort activities to look into.

As someone who has attended the TAC events in Park City for years and the same in Big Sky, I think it will be a favored change by the average RMEF member who makes up the overwhelming majority of attendees at RMEF Mountain Fest. This is not a high-dollar fund raising event for RMEF. This is an opportunity for their members and volunteers to come together and have a good time.

I look foward to it. I'll be with our local committee at the RMEF booth most days. Like all years at Big Sky, I'll be giving away 500 Dilly bars to the first kids who show up.
I couldn’t agree more with your points. As an RMEF life member, I am excited about this change. I hope the event is held in Big Sky going forward.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back