Caribou Gear Tarp

RMEF Banquet - Bozeman

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I am volunteering for our local RMEF banquet that is being held on April 5th. I hope all of you in the local SW Montana area are able to join us to raise money and awareness for elk conservation and public access.

Details below.

1060603_2x3_ElkFoundation_BDC_0314.jpg

And if any of you want in on the $50 wolf rifle raffle, same last the last two year, let me know. In addition to your chance to win this rifle, you will also get a free Fresh Tracks DVD and a Leupold hat. Only 40 chances being sold, so you better act fast.

Also, we are always looking for volunteers to help the committee. If any of you want to help us, we will gladly accept your offer.

I think I can talk my wife into that, as an MSU alum she is always looking for ways to get back to Bozeman. Does it sell out Randy?

My wife already filled out the application and then informed me we are going....I guess that means we're going.:D

Hmm, our chapter is the same night. Don't think a road trip is in the cards.

I think I can talk my wife into that, as an MSU alum she is always looking for ways to get back to Bozeman. Does it sell out Randy?

Yes, it usually sells out. Would love to see you there.

One of these days MAYBE I will attend another banquet. It has been 20 years since I told RMEF to stick it over them donating to the Wolf Recovery Project. I was a sponser and donated about a 1000.00 every year to them but that all went away. I vowed at that time to never ever give another dime to RMEF.. I see they are reversing their stupid decision from years ago but I am still leary. It was at the Bozeman RMEF Banquet in the late 90's that I found out about the donations and quit.

One of these days MAYBE I will attend another banquet. It has been 20 years since I told RMEF to stick it over them donating to the Wolf Recovery Project. I was a sponser and donated about a 1000.00 every year to them but that all went away. I vowed at that time to never ever give another dime to RMEF.. I see they are reversing their stupid decision from years ago but I am still leary. It was at the Bozeman RMEF Banquet in the late 90's that I found out about the donations and quit.

I've heard the rumor, many times. I can assure you that it is just that, a rumor. Not a single dime of RMEF money has ever went to the "Wolf Recovery Project."

Hope some day you will see it possible to change your position toward RMEF.

I chaired the Gallatin Chapter of RMEF at that time and clearly recall some members getting upset at the FWP Region 3 biologist who spoke at the banquet and was attempting to describe the upside of Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming having state wolf management programs. He explained that for the states to be given that opportunity, the states' management plans had to conform to the fed's provisions. His implication was that RMEF and membership should support the then-proposed Montana FWP wolf management plan.
Mostly due to the angst about wolves and the feeling that the wolf introduction was forced upon us, the biologist's presentation was not well-received, but has since borne out to be valid.
I do not recall any information regarding any RMEF donation to wolf recovery. However, I do recall RMEF simply accepting the federal wolf recovery and supporting wildlife management of wolves. That also seemed not to set well for many members, who became miffed at RMEF for what they perceived as support of wolves at the expense of elk. That notion has not borne out to be valid.
Acceptance of that false rumor is unfortunate, but has not altered the mission accomplishment of RMEF in the least. With respect to the wolf issue or any others, it seems more reasonable to inquire about RMEF's position and actions, especially as a Sponsor member. I have found RMEF executives and spokespersons to be approachable and forthcoming.

Go back and look at the financial records from the mid 90's and you will see a donation to the Wolf Recovery. When I went to Missoula and confronted them I was told it was the politically correct thing to do. That was enough for me.

Go back and look at the financial records from the mid 90's and you will see a donation to the Wolf Recovery. When I went to Missoula and confronted them I was told it was the politically correct thing to do. That was enough for me.

I have done just that and asked for that. Whenever I ask people to show me the evidence they are basing their opinions on, things go silent. For being such a firmly held belief by some, the "Wolf Recovery" funding documents are hard to locate.

For that claim to be out there and supposedly so well documented, it is strange that no one can produce the evidence to support their claim.

When a Board member and a RMEF Finance Committee member who is a CPA, me, asks for such evidence, none can be located. So, I continue to ask those who might recite this same rumor, please provide me the evidence, so I can get to the bottom of it.

"He said, she said" is rumor. Documents and evidence convert rumors to facts. My investigation of the notion still has it in the "rumor" category.

But ... back to the future ... RMEF has, is , and will continue to enhance and acquire prime habitat for elk and other wildlife. That is not rumor, but long-substantiated fact ... history. It is reason enough to continue (or in some cases, to resume) support for RMEF. One important way to do so is to follow Fin's recommendation and attend the April 5th Banquet in Bozeman. RMEF and the Gallatin Chapter have always provided high quality auction and raffle items and prizes. Your chances of taking home some cool and useful stuff are really good. If nothing else, you can take home the confidence that you have contributed to the betterment of elk, other wildlife, and hunting. Get your tickets and be there!

But ... back to the future ... RMEF has, is , and will continue to enhance and acquire prime habitat for elk and other wildlife. That is not rumor, but long-substantiated fact ... history. It is reason enough to continue (or in some cases, to resume) support for RMEF. One important way to do so is to follow Fin's recommendation and attend the April 5th Banquet in Bozeman. RMEF and the Gallatin Chapter have always provided high quality auction and raffle items and prizes. Your chances of taking home some cool and useful stuff are really good. If nothing else, you can take home the confidence that you have contributed to the betterment of elk, other wildlife, and hunting. Get your tickets and be there!

Well stated, no organization is perfect but in the conservation/hunting heritage game I believe the RMEF is as close as any of them get. They get the majority of the dollars in my donation budget, and I am confident they use it in the best interest of hunters.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back