Rinella on recruitment/access

Interesting perspective; the thrust of his talk concerning more opportunities (places) to hunt is spot on for most east of the big muddy.

Thanks for sharing. Great talk.

I really appreciate the perspective he gives regarding the non-existence of the "rural/urban divide". So many in western rural landscapes love to point their fingers towards the cities proclaiming "those people don't understand us and therefore are our adversaries."

That is simply not true.

Yes, very interesting talk. It is refreshing to see dialogue like this being promoted throughout the "hunting culture".

Thanks for the share.

His discussion related to non-hunters eating game, and even some vegetarians/vegans eating meat is spot on. I've served countless meals for folks that have never fired a gun, and their questions are endless when it comes to the discussion of the meal and the how, what, where, who and why of hunting and the NAMWC.

I feel that a large, but good burden is placed on those of us in urban areas to share, educate and communicate effectively with the non-hunting public.

I feel that a large, but good burden is placed on those of us in urban areas to share, educate and communicate effectively with the non-hunting public.
Agreed! Often times the opportunity is there if one doesn't get too defensive too quickly. I know I get more questions about my hunts from the folks that don't hunt than those that do. Many of them aren't about the hunt, but what we saw other than the targeted game animal, to lots of "why" or "how" questions.

I recently listened to the Wired to Hunt podcast when they had him on, and have started listening to his Meat Eater podcast. He is an incredibly smart individual and I'm glad hunters have someone who cares so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back