Rifle’s “Done!” 5HD & Mountain Tactical Raptor 1 Piece Base and Rings

Hammsolo

I just finished mounting my Kampfeld Custom! I got a 5HD with fire dot from Schmalts and ordered the new Raptor Integrated Base and rings from Mountain Tactical. The machining is ridiculous. It looks like part of the rifle. I can’t wait to shoot it!! It was a tack driver before, but I wanted to upgrade the scope. 🤞 498436E6-0FBE-4EE5-A4EB-3512DB3A2031.jpeg8B0814FE-DD89-418B-BE38-ED5EFF3ED53D.jpeg

Looks fantastic. Is that the Medium height? What are their torque specs for the dovetail and for the ring screws?

Looks fantastic. Is that the Medium height? What are their torque specs for the dovetail and for the ring screws?
Medium height. 30 on the dovetail and 18 on the rings. I especially like the recoil lug that plugs into the hole on top of the receiver.

I have a Mountain Tactical 0 MOA rail on my Tikka and love it as well. Machined with the Tikka/Sako recoil lug in it and it fits like a glove. A great mounting platform.

I have a Mountain Tactical 0 MOA rail on my Tikka and love it as well. Machined with the Tikka/Sako recoil lug in it and it fits like a glove. A great mounting platform.
I love that it really matches the lines of the receiver and appears to be part of the rifle.

I’m working up some Hammers now, but the mount seems magical. Precisely engineered and machined. Rock solid and dead straight. I’ll update when I shoot groups. I’ve just done a ladder for pressures, but signs are good.

I ordered a blemished raptor mount from Mountain Tactical and received it today. The only blemish I see is a little rough edge that was not polished before they hardcoated it. Hardly noticeable. For $90, it is a heck of a deal for a top-notch mount.

How do you like that thumb hole stock? Any issues shooting ambidextrously?

It is made for only right hand hunters, and fits my hand nicely. It would be a nightmare to shoot lefty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back