rifle sling?

I have always been a Butler Creek fan but did switch to the Gun bearer. I like it and it works amazing but i still worry that one day somehow I'm going to be missing some teeth because my gun was up front.

I would recommend both if they feel good to you.

www.kifaru.net

I've been in every situation you can imagine, from under and through alder thickets in AK to climbing rock outcroppings in AZ & NV, and never had a problem with my barrel touching me or getting in the way. Which ever way you move, the rifle follows. Nice to have both hands free when you need it.

Attachments

• 2007 09 04 2007 Alaska Caribou Hunt 002 small.jpg
    2007 09 04 2007 Alaska Caribou Hunt 002 small.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0072 small.jpg
    IMG_0072 small.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0140_2.jpg
    IMG_0140_2.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 187
  • B0000230 small.jpg
    B0000230 small.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 208
  • B0000606 small.jpg
    B0000606 small.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 172
  • B0000066 small.jpg
    B0000066 small.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 171
  • B0000675 small.jpg
    B0000675 small.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 225
I left one out of my friend Rob in Alaska with his Kifaru Spike Camp with the Gunbearer.

Attachments

• B0000293 small.jpg
    B0000293 small.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 171
I have a Kifaru, the thing makes my hip sore if yer walking all day. I also have one of those rubber elastic ones that is snug tight to your shoulder and won't slip, but I can't remember what its called. I also picked up a new Claw Slimline. It seems to be a really nice sling. Cabela's doesn't even have them yet. Might do a search online...

Does the scope ever rub under your arm with the gun bearer? From the angle and position of the scope on most of the pictures I have seen of the gun bearer, it looks like your elbow and your ribs would be constantly hitting the scope of your gun. Like the quick release idea and hands free option, just curious about how the gun rides between your arm and body.

Does the scope ever rub under your arm with the gun bearer? From the angle and position of the scope on most of the pictures I have seen of the gun bearer, it looks like your elbow and your ribs would be constantly hitting the scope of your gun. Like the quick release idea and hands free option, just curious about how the gun rides between your arm and body.

Sawtooth,The short answer is yes with the gun bearer your rifle makes some contact with your ribs and the underside of your arm. For me that contact is not a big deal,after a hard day of hunting I'm less fatigued using the Gun Bearer than i am with any sling that I've tried or carrying a weapon at port arms. Just like any other piece of gear I would suggest that you try it out and if you don't like it move on to another method.

Yep. Between that and having the rifle always in your sight picture I couldn't stand them because of it and stopped using it after a weekend trial. Maybe I should've stuck with it to see if I'd get used to it, but it just felt so awkward and uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back