Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Richard Granthem is selling out

Slydog

For anyone who is wanting a custom call for hunting or collecting this is one to buy. I own three of his calls and all of them have been the downfall of many coyotes. One of them is a call that only I have, he made it special for me. I hate to see him quit the buisness but I understand.
Good luck in the future Richard

slydog

I wrote him a couple of months ago 3 different times about his calls,and never got a reply,so I gave up.I figure he gets so many e-mails he can't keep up,and as he said,he is getting tired. He offered to answer any questions I had about coyote hunting via e-mail,but when I wrote,he never responded.I think the spirit and heart are willing,but his typing finger is too weak,so I leave him alone.He seems to be a nice fellow.Who knows,maybe the e-mails got lost or deleted ?

fc087793.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that Richard is thinking of quitting the call business. I think he makes some of the finest customs anywhere at a very reasonable cost. Richard is also a very nice guy to do business with and I wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Doug

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-30-2003 15:59: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Hey guys, Doug invited me to log on , Seldom Ever, I remember you post/email but never remember getting question, please forgive. Yes I'm just tired of standing making calls- not sick or anything.
Still interested in calling, hope to take some videos when its cooler, AP is sending me a Preymaster so will enter the electronic age!!! I think some of the posts recommending combo calling- ie setup electronic, call first with handcall then use the electronic to get their attention away from you to give you more time to shoot or take pictures. I was up on the South Llano a few weeks ago and called in 6 deers, no coyotes showed up. I'm dabbling with turkey calls now. I am also waiting on redone rifle, I had a Rem 788 setup with douglas barrel in 6x45, thats a 223 case expanded to 6mm, I intend to shoot 70-80 grain bullets, I love handloading and testing loads.
Later Richard Grantham [email protected]

Hey Rich,of course I forgive, I was never offended to start with.I am 51,not far behind your 69,Everyday I seem to remember less,it's dad-blasted aggravating.Could be I didn't word my e-mail right,I think I was asking about howlers or something.I hope I can purchase one of your calls before they are no longer in circulation,right now I'm so broke I can't even pay attention
biggrin.gif
!

I am glad you're here,I think you'll like it, there's lots of good chatter about every kind of hunting and fishing you can imagine,as well as just plain ol' everyday life!

I am right there with you on handloading and testing loads,that is one of the best things about hunting,IMHO,developing a load and being successful with it! I guess in your instance it's a double whammy,call it in with one of your well made calls, and then give it a dose of your finest handload! That is satisfaction at it's finest! Welcome aboard HuntTalk RG,pull up a stump,pass the jug,and tell us all a tale or two!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to Huntalk Richard. I can't say enough good things about your calls, and I suspect that you are much like Varmit Hunter in that you have forgot more about calling than many of us will ever learn. When you have time, share a hunting story with us. I bet you have had some real interesting stands in the years that you've been calling coyotes.
Doug

Back