Caribou Gear

Results from Youth Outdoor Activity Day!

MNElkNut

I put a post up awhile ago about our Youth Day last Sunday. this was a totally free event where kids got to actively participate in 34 different outdoor related activities. We gave the kids tshirts and backpacks and everyone got free lunch. Last year, we had a huge success with 542 kids attending. This year......drum roll please.....1,391 kids attended this event and we introduced hundreds of kids to shooting, archery and other outdoor activitiesl It was really fun! Next summer it will be featured on Ron Schara's Minnesota Bound TV show. We even had a DVD of On Your Own Adventures playing on a loop in the lunch area. So all of these impressionable kids have been indoctrinated by Randy!

Fun! Where did you do that? I used to assist in a similar set up sponsored by MN Deerhunters, NWTF and I think there where a few more. It was held on Swan Lake west of Mankato. Archery, shotgun, bb gun, sling shot, ax throwing, seminars, lunch, RC airplane show, huge giveaway that every kid one at least something. It was a lot of fun helping out BUT I wouldnt do it in a duck and goose call booth anymore. I think thats how I got tinnitus......

The Alexandria Shooting Park. Great facility. that is where the state high school trap shooting tourney is held with 8,000+ kids.

We had a ton of conservation organizations step up and provide an activity. Part of goal is to connect kids and families with one of them. Just getting kids involved with something is a pretty cool achievement.

That's huge. What could be more exciting than nearly 1400 kids wanting to shoot guns! :D.

Many years ago I helped the Dallas Flyfishers expose a few hundred boy scouts to fly fishing at some camp on an East Texas lake. We had the fly rods all set up on the tables in the pavilion. When we said "go" a mob of kids ran to the rods and immediately started waving them around like they were Brad Pitt on the Big Blackfoot. Within seconds about 15 of them had destroyed their rods by unwittingly waving the tips into the ceiling fans. Shatter casting. :eek:

Now when I'm indoors I always look up before raising my rod tip...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back