Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Youth Outdoor Activity Day

MNElkNut

I lead the organization of an event called Youth Outdoor Activity Day. It takes place on Sunday the 27th in Alexandria, MN. We will have 45 activities for the 2,000+ kids that are expected to attend. The activities are almost everything you can do in the outdoors (fire building, trap shooting, tomahawk throwing, archery, outdoor cooking, shelter building, crossbow shooting, climbing wall, mock blood trail, shoot/don't shoot course, geocaching, orienteering, duck calling, birdhouse building, fly fishing, casting clinic, pollinator plot, mountain biking, ATVing, etc). Free lunch for everyone, free tshirts for the kids. A lot of other prizes for the kids including BB guns, bows, and rods/reels. I think we spent about $7500 on those three things alone. All free. We are trying really hard to get kids interested in outdoor activities and off the couch. If you know anyone within a few hour drive of west central MN, please let them know about it and visit youthoutdooractivityday.org.

And yes, we plan to have a DVD loop of Fresh Tracks/OYOA playing in the lunch area!

Our kiddo is only a year old but this looks like a great event to take your kids too. I'll be keeping this in mind for the next years to come, this is a cool thing you people have put together.

That is super - Do you happen to know if there is something similar in Michigan? I do what I can to get kids out doors, but this sounds like a super event for our school to attend.

I don't have any idea if there is anything in Michigan. One of the goals of our committee is to share our model with other places as this event can easily be replicated just about anywhere. The two organizations that put it on are not big organizations. I would be happy to share how we do it with anyone!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back