Reporter mistakes mountain lion for a dog

Tail was deceiving, but ears and back of the legs, had me saying dog
Right?! That’s what we all want to believe. But maybe…hyena? It’s documented fact the US imported camels in the 1850s. So you know, hyenas aren’t that far off. PSA, this thread is currently trending on reddit and can’t spell reddit without conspiracy so let’s agree it’s a hyena.

About 8 years ago, soon after I moved to NM, there was a warning email sent around the Lab regarding letting your dogs out at night. Picture of a shaved and stitched beagle in the email...

Seems a lady let her dog out to go potty one night. Heard all kinds of racket, so ran outside and saw a big tan dog working her beagle over. She ran over and grabbed the tan dog by the floppy skin around the neck, thinking to save her pup. Was a lion. Not sure who was more scared, both went opposite directions.

David
NM

A friend of mine and I use to go frog gigging out of my canoe. One night around 1:00 AM we were loading up to go home, just strapping down the canoe. It was a full moon, so we weren't using any artificial light, when all of a sudden, the biggest, blackest, shaggiest dog in the world came shooting down the hill straight at us. Damn near soiled myself before realizing it wasn't a bear.

About 8 years ago, soon after I moved to NM, there was a warning email sent around the Lab regarding letting your dogs out at night. Picture of a shaved and stitched beagle in the email...

Seems a lady let her dog out to go potty one night. Heard all kinds of racket, so ran outside and saw a big tan dog working her beagle over. She ran over and grabbed the tan dog by the floppy skin around the neck, thinking to save her pup. Was a lion. Not sure who was more scared, both went opposite directions.

David
NM
Cougar vs Cougar: 0-0-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back