PEAX Equipment

Replacing Sitka Jetstream

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Had one since 2015, and now it’s missing. The odds of recovery seem to be diminishing.

Looking at another Jetstream or, replacing with a Stone Glacier or Arcteryx equivalent.

Which SG, the M7?

Thoughts? @SnowyMountaineer @wllm @neffa3

Sitka is coming out with a slightly upgraded Jetstream.

The M7 would probably be a fair comparison, except it’s totally waterproof and not just windproof like the jetstream.
The Dehavilland is the SG soft shell that is probably a more direct comparison to the Jetstream. I’ve worn the pants but not the coat.
Pants are pretty solid late season.

Sitka is coming out with a slightly upgraded Jetstream.

The M7 would probably be a good comparison, except it’s totally waterproof and not just windproof like the jetstream.
Yeah the new one is up.

I didn’t think the Dehaviland was a great comp, but might be a good layer. Wind proof at all?

Yeah the new one is up.

I didn’t think the Dehaviland was a great comp, but might be a good layer. Wind proof at all?
I don’t think it has a fabric that they can label “windproof” but it’s thick enough it holds back the elements pretty well, atleast in the pants.

M7 is probably a better bet, but I’ve never worn it. I haven’t done a later, colder hunt on a few years sadly.

If returning to Jetstream, Camofire has had a variety of sizes and camo/ non camo on Sitka Saturdays, claiming to be 40% off list price. Which perhaps means it’s the previous style? I imagine you could call customer service and not wait for next Saturday to order.

Reactions: JAG
Hmmm... softshell jackets are kinda a niche piece. I'm debating whether to bring my jetstream to AK for my moose hunt. We are going in on horses so weight isn't an issue... but then I still have to fly home with it and thats extra weight in the bag.

Anyway I think if it's day hunting in cold but dry climates or using horses or hunting near the truck then weight isn't versus back pack hunting and using it in lie of a hardshell.

Either way... the Gamma MX is the arcteryx offering, I've never worn one but I bet it's like 1/2 a lb or more lighter than any of the hunting companies jackets. So I might go that way if weight is an issue.

If weight isn't an issue then I'd probably take a hard look at Kuiu if I'm being honest, I kinda like the idea of the Axis Hybrid as I've gotten into some mild rain in my Jetstream and got a bit soggy.

I really like my jetstream and would buy again... M7 is the SG option I would consider... the DWR on the M5 seems kinda garbage or maybe non-existent? Here nor there really, but there line is so new I'm kinda hesitant to be a guinea pig.

Well despite the problem getting solved, I don't own one, what role is being filled with this? Maybe there's something out there I don't know I need. :)

Well despite the problem getting solved, I don't own one, what role is being filled with this? Maybe there's something out there I don't know I need. :)
When you could wear a hoodie... but it would be great if it was actually functional + when it's windy.

My jetstream is a daily driver and gets a ton of use.

In addition to Camofire, GoHunt has the old-model Jetstream jackets on sale. With my remaining points, I acquired my first premium-grade article of clothing.

I'm packing a Sharpie for an autograph in case I bump into Randy during our central Wyoming hunt this fall.:geek:

When you could wear a hoodie... but it would be great if it was actually functional + when it's windy.

My jetstream is a daily driver and gets a ton of use.

Yeah the new one is up.

FWIW: I wear the SG Dehaviland Fall to Spring. It does a good job on the wind by my estimation. Handles light rain and snow just fine too. I think it's a well designed piece.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back