Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Replacing Sitka Jetstream

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Since were on the Jetstream topic, has anybody else wondered why the heck would Sitka not put a Velco Cuff or some sort of Cuff on there sleeves. IMO the Jetstream would be the ABSOLUTE PERFECT jacket with them. maybe its because I have shorter arms than some but I normally wont buy a jacket without them. I had some sewed on my Jetstream and its a game changer

ah. Got it. See, being a cold-blooded lizard, I have a puffy for all those instances, actually multiple puffies for all those instances (like 5... 5 puffies).
I'm the other way. My softshell is a Black Diamond Alpine Start, and it has to be well under 30 degrees and windy before I need more than that and a baselayer, if I'm moving with any vigor. If I'm moving slowly, I have an OR Ascendant to add, and if I'm static the down gear comes out.

It's amazing how different people's physiology requires different approaches.

ah. Got it. See, being a cold-blooded lizard, I have a puffy for all those instances, actually multiple puffies for all those instances (like 5... 5 puffies).
I wear my puffy under my softshell from Thanksgiving through April.

Since were on the Jetstream topic, has anybody else wondered why the heck would Sitka not put a Velco Cuff or some sort of Cuff on there sleeves. IMO the Jetstream would be the ABSOLUTE PERFECT jacket with them. maybe its because I have shorter arms than some but I normally wont buy a jacket without them. I had some sewed on my Jetstream and its a game changer
SG Dehavilland has velcro cuffs. Love them.

Was looking for some feedback on the new jetstream. I know @Big Fin had a podcast a while back talking about the testing. Has anyone used the new one?

Glad to hear you’re getting a replacement! I have a Jetstream from 2015 as well and I don’t think anything compares with its windproof-ness, warmth (for what it is), and breathability. I wear it all year and will likely cry when it finally decides to fall apart. It’s still going strong though.

I wore new version all season. It worked as advertised.
Just saw the pronghorn hunt with Matthew. Gotta say, I’m not fully used to seeing you hunt in solids. It’s like when your favorite athlete switches teams and is wearing a different uniform. 😂

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back