Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Jetstream vs. Dakota Hoody

Flatlander3

Anyone have experience with either the Sitka Jetstream or Dakota Hoodie jackets?

On Sitkas website the "performance" measurements are the same for warmth, water, etc. With the exception of durability it one notch higher on the jet stream.

I am looking for a wind proof jacket as my outer layer and looked at both in person. The Jetstream was surprisingly thin and light and not alot of insulation, which makes me lean towards the dakota hoody which seems to be a tad warmer? Any thoughts or reviews on both?

I don't consider them close in warmth. I have both, dakota i have a jacket and pullover and they are duck hunting/glassing and for when weather is nasty and i am not moving much. The jetstream i wear when i am big game hunting and constantly on move in colder temps and can sit for short time in cold temps. The jetstream is much easier to manage body temps on those more active situations. The dakota is just a heavyduty sweatshirt. Hope my 2cents helps...

I’ll echo CCC for the most part. Apples and oranges as far as the intended purpose. Dakota is way warmer and much larger fit. Think sitting in a duck blind in December. The jet stream isn’t contoured but a much more close fit. Think everyday fall jacket.

I have both i do not think you can compare them. Each has their own purpose, all depends what you will intend to use it mostly for.

I have booth and echo the comments above. Jet stream is a solid everyday jacket until it get below freezing. Dakota hoody is warmer but not as good in high cold winds.

I was surprised how warm I could be with the jetstream. Blocking the wind was huge and I liked the lack of bulk. Wind is a big consideration for me living in SD. With one layer it will take me to 10 or so. I have fairly nice warmth layers if things get really cold.

As others have said, Dakota is way warmer but heavier and more cumbersome. Both block the wind well, fit is larger on the Dakota, 2xl Dakota fits me with extra room for layers, I needed a 3xl Jetstream.
Both are good jackets, but if I were to go with just one I'd go Dakota for stand and duck hunting, Jetstream if you're mostly doing active western hunts.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back